dream house

Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 AM

I am living in my dream home ....it's paid for!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 AM

My dream house would have 4 bedrooms and a master suite overlooking the methoriver in Eastern Wa. Windows and skylights for lots of natural lighting in house. Open concept 1st floor with family room, big dining room (to seat 40) and kitchen. Open loft overlooking river and downstairs an out to river. Workout room(we have one now and I love it) Master bath with walk-in shower and bathtub with jets (resale value) wrap around porch. Big shop for DH and about maybe an acre or so of land. My loft would be big enough to hold all my quilting stuff and my long arm. Cabinets to store fab stash with pull outs so i could see the fabric from both sides. Undercounter lighting Professional drafting table with hydrolics. Room for my long arm with a view. Campfire pit so I can have smores. Eating area outside complete with screen. Outside landscraped mostly with native plants filled in here and there with periennials and annuals (to attract hummingbirds and butterflies) Complete with grandkids and family on the weekends .
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I live in my dream house, a big yellow farm house with two big porches and 5 bedrooms. Living with me are DH and most of my 14 children plus two very cute parakeets. We are in SoCal and that would probably be my second choice of location. My number one would be Hawaii but I now have adult children that are moving out and Hawaii would be a bit far away from them.

Heart warming what are your answers to your questions?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 AM

Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 AM

you just hada to go there i want so many things with my dream house i can't begin to talk about it i want it to be in the country with about 3 acres with a large garden and the house has to be with at lest 4 bedrooms a large kitchen with counter space, living room my sewing room will have lots of windows and space that i just can't belive a full porch completly around the house ooooohhhhh i can see it know i want to be there so badddddd
Old 02-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Banned

My dream home used to be a log cabin on a lake...and then we bought one...heehee. Figured out pretty quick that the lake was great...but the logs were terribly dark and dreary over time and gave me huge SADD! So now I don't know what my dream home is. We build this house that we live in right now, and are selling it to build our last home...back in the country, near the lake, and sized for two with room for company.
My dream home is more about affordability these days than anything else. My real dream is to be mortgage free before I am 45.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 PM

I am living in my dream home. I have an old english tudor five bedrooms, five baths, living room, family room, dining room, kitchen, breakfast nook with dome ceiling with a butler's pantry. I have a full basement with terrazzo floors, two porches, one screened in, the other comes with an attached bedroom. My sewing room is on a floor all by itself with a bathroom on that floor, it is a third floor. My sewing room is huge. I would want to add cabinets to my sewing room. I have shelving but it is not neat enough for me. I love my house. Oh, the men in my life will have to be there, they are my sons and hubby. I guess you could say that I am satisfied.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:34 AM

Home Sweet Home !!!!
It is were I wanna be !!!

one foggy morning looking off my front porch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183092[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183083.jpe   attachment-183086.jpe  
Old 07-27-2011, 04:05 PM

I love my house and my yard so I would keep it but I would have Merry Maids over on a regular basis and, since we're dreaming, I would transport it to be near my grandsons in WA. Oh, and since we're REALLY dreaming, it would be sunny all the time there.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

My idea of the "dream house" sure has changed over the years!

The kids are going to be on their own within a few years so the current dream house would be:

In the country, with some sort of water nearby (pond, lake, or creek, any of these would do) with a growing season that's just a couple of weeks longer, and somewhere that gets nice rainfall.

Rooms? All small-ish (less to clean): Kitchen, small easily accessible pantry, living room, junk room for DH, sewing/junk room for me, bedroom. Porch. Unheated sunroom. One large room that could be closed off and only heated when lots of family comes over.

Yes I will be hoping for grandkids!

As for stuff, and space, I want less with each passing year. My wish is to spend more time enjoying what I have, rather than maintaining it.