dream house

Old 02-15-2011, 08:31 PM

I'd have 4 master bedrooms, a large, old fashioned library with NO TV, but with music piped in, an 8 foot wide porch all around the house, big kitchen/dining room, huge, drawer lined room for sewing. Computer room with soft music piped in since I don't like the noise from either TV or most that is on the Internet.
Separate garage with underground access to the house, and with a bank vault safe door between.
The look of a Victorian but with lots of today's conveniences.
Big year round green house, half acre of old fashioned fruit trees
and vines and garden.
Solar power, heavy insulation with closed fireplace heating backup. Painted with 12 different authentic Victorian flaming colors to make any neighbors wear sun glasses all year round.
And about 4 indentured servants to keep the whole place clean when I'm reading or sewing!!!

And a "man room" where the mythical "HE" can get together with "his" friends and watch TV and scream at it and maybe have his own fridge with beer in it, with a big room off it with a lot of power tools where he will make me any sort of cabinet or shelf I ever need for sewing.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:02 PM

A nice size kennel with state of the art everything and I/O runs that have concrete walls 1/2 way up to prevent fence fighting. Separate whelping room with heated floors, and a grooming room that I could just take a hose to floor to cieling.
A stable so I could have a few horses.
Grazing land to raise my own livestock (food).
A sewing/quilting room that is super large with windows all along the south side and the north wall bare for designing - lots of big large work tables in the middle and plenty of storage.
An entry way that is a conservatory at least 30' tall to house small trees that can support airoids (Hoya's and Bromiliads).
Stone floors throughout the house with radiant heat installed in the floors.
A master bath that has a shower stall big enough for two people comfortably with 10 shower heads EACH on all walls and cieling, comes standard with an on-demand water heater so hot water never stops, and a seat.
Saw once the neatest house, the whole thing was on a turntable so you could turn the house so whatever room you wanted would be facing (or not) the sun. Naturally it was round and the outer walls were all window glass.

And a maid to take care of it all!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:35 PM

My dream house is not that large, it will have 2 bedrooms with each a nice bath, walk in showers, and one garden tub.

It will have a large sewing room, with floor to ceiling windows. I want a big front porch that is screened from the bugs.

The living room will have a foyer, so that visitors will not just walk into the house.

The kitchen will have cabinets, a pantry, and counter space.

A wired/air conditioned shop for my dh. A fenced back yard for my puppies to run.

I'd love a deck with a hot tub. I'd like this to be in the country with a few acres and some trees.

A weekly housekeeper and weekly cook.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Power Poster

I live in my dream house, a big yellow farm house with two big porches and 5 bedrooms. Living with me are DH and most of my 14 children plus two very cute parakeets. We are in SoCal and that would probably be my second choice of location. My number one would be Hawaii but I now have adult children that are moving out and Hawaii would be a bit far away from them.

Heart warming what are your answers to your questions?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 PM

In the country of course! Just off main road,long winding paved drive and this house... http://southernlivinghouseplans.com/...ch%5Bwidth%5D= See that LVR room by the MBR, that would be my quilting studio. The only other requirement would be at least one outlet per wall preferably two. Also DD would have her own stack W&D in her bath and the three boys upstairs would have their own too. Laundry would never have to leave the room. Next kitchen & baths would have tile & commercial type drains in the floor, spray down, scrub and hose down, done! And a maid to come 2x week to keep order while I sew away. Ah, to dream :thumbup: Well thats No.1 on the list , I have it narrowed down to three. I figure you have to be prepared, in case DH says Ok we are going to build that house you have always wanted. :lol:
Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Let's see. It would need 3 bedrooms w/ bathrooms and dining room, living room, utility room, and then the important ones.......sewing room, long arm room, classroom, major guest rooms with about 12 beds, and My hubby would be here and any quilters who wanna come by. I dream of having a quitl retreat one day. I live in the country now so would like it out here. Everyone loves to go to the country for a quiet break. Oh forgot the indoor sauna for resting after quilting. :)

P.S. I see you are in Bothell. That would be a great area too. Especially close to Mt Rainer valley. It would rain so much we could not go out so more time to sew.
I really love this idea for a house. No hubby anymore, but I would like it to be large enough to have room for quilters to stay with me. I get tired of being alone all of the time. Not sure where, but it would be in Idaho.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:32 AM

Fun thread! My last house was my dream house, not mine after the divorce though (nor his, lol). After cleaning a big 5 bedroom house I'm a fan of small & simple. It could be a little trailer in the mountains for all I care as long as there are 2 bathrooms. Add to it an outdoor hottub & a nice, big garden & I'm in heaven :)
Old 02-16-2011, 04:30 AM

Add another bathroom (all mine!) to current home and I'm there!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:55 AM

3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, open floor plan for having lots of dinner company (dining room table to seat 12), spacious kitchen with a lot of GOOD QUALITY cabinets, large bright sunny sewing room, deck off kitchen overlooking treed meadow, barn, root cellar, on at least 50 acres of mixed pasture and trees. Yep, that about does it.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

I would like my laundry room near the bedrooms.