Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Embroidery Machine Info Request >

Embroidery Machine Info Request

Embroidery Machine Info Request

Old 01-04-2017, 12:22 PM

I'm still looking for one myself. I've leaning towards the Brother Innov-is NQ1400E it is an Emb. only and without Disney- which I do not need. My baby is 41 and no grandchildren and none expected in the future. They have a Innov-is NQ3500D combination sewing/embroidery with Disney software included also has a 6'x10 hoop listed in the Brother brochure. Hope to get to the quilt shop near me this weekend that sells Brother. I'm not sure on the price of this one, as they are not allowed to give prices over the phone they said 'Brother's" policy. The ad on the NQ1400E says their hoop is 6"x10" I want to be able to get to a dealer if I need repairs or help. DH found one on the internet listed for $1599.00- but not sure that I can get classes if I purchase one that way. Does anyone have this model? I received a lot of help and info last week when I requested it, and want to THANK all who responded. You folks are great to give advice and help. Wishing luck to both of us on our quest.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:59 PM

I have a Viking/Husqvarna Diamond. LOVE it. I upgraded from the smaller Ruby. This one I purchased on Ebay if you can believe it. I would not hesitate to buy a used one providing the seller is open to you playing with it before purchase. I got mine from across the country, saved a TON, but did end up spending another $200 for a tuneup. Was well worth it in my book. I now have a top of the line machine and paid well under half of what they were asking for a new one. Craigslist sometimes can be a boon to find one, too. You'd be able to play with it then.

Just a thought: if you DO end up buying one from a seller online....ask them to embroider your name and address on a piece of fabric and send it with the machine (without cutting the thread off the machine) so you can see it was working properly when they shipped it to you. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:47 PM

I have the Brother Innovis D 4000, and had used the built in Disney a number of times. Now I mostly do monograms on gift towels and some other designs, not using it a lot but really love my machine.

Test drive as many as you can to make your decision.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

i've had a few brothers. I loved my Tajima professional. you can get a good used one 12 needle for about 6-$7000.
12 needles means you have 12 thread colors and don't have to change the thread. just put in the proper needle number 1-12, and it goes by itself. I loved that machine. emb field was about 20x 29-30. Jacket backs, and what i used it for, casket head panels. good luck.