Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Request info on Brother PQ1500S quilting machine >

Request info on Brother PQ1500S quilting machine

Request info on Brother PQ1500S quilting machine

Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 AM

Default Request info on Brother PQ1500S quilting machine

I am considering buying this machine and would like input...any tips or problems you could share? IOW, do you consider it a good buy? Thanks for all opinions.
~Neecie
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 AM

I love mine. It is only a straight stitch and it sews fast. I bought it to put on the frame for quilting but I use it for piecing too.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:25 AM

It's an awesome machine. I don't have one complaint about it. So simple to use. I have had mine for almost 3 years and when my Sister tried it she bought herself one too. The throat space is wonderful. Tons of people on this board have one. Mine was bought at Allbrands for $599.00 no tax and free shipping. You can't go wrong with this machine.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

I won mine! It is a great machine. I had trouble with the needle coming unthreaded when using the auto thread cutter. I quit threading the three hole guide bar and only went through one of the holes straight down not wrapped as the manual shows and the problem was solved. It needs oiling frequently as it is all metal. The manual isn't much help but there is a yahoo group just for this machine that can answer any question about it.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

My Daughter has one and she loves it. It is her only machine.
Similar to my Juki TL 98QE and Baby Lock Jane. All are wonderful straight stitch only machines with 9" throat. A bit cheaper than mine but about the same machine. I oil my machine about every 8 hours of sewing.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:55 AM

Thanks, ladies. I did order one through Amazon and can hardly wait to get my hands on it! Like Dingle, I paid $599, no tax and free shipping.

Thanks to BelleBoo for the tip on the auto thread cutter. I will remember to do that.

Sunday will be my 81st birthday so this will be a present to myself. After my husband passed away last year, I sort of just existed...but then a new GrGrandson was born this year and I made him a nice baby quilt...and then I just kept on, found piecing quilt tops was good therapy. I have two ready to quilt and I want to learn how to do free motion.
~Neecie

Last edited by GrammieJan; 11-20-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:07 PM

Good for you Grammie. I know you will love it. It's such a simple machine to use and take care of. I wish I had know about it before I bought a couple other ones. This is the only one I use. I'm going to get me an embroidery only machine next to make my labels then I'll be all set. Congratulations. Please post back after you get it and used it some and let us know what you think.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:13 PM

I just bought this machine last month. I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet but am excited to try it. I have never oiled a sewing machine before. Is it difficult to do so? What kind of oil is recommended?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:52 PM

I second everything said. It may come unthreaded when using the thread cutter. I only use 2 holes in the thread guide and that is fixed.

It does drink oil. I use regular sewing machine oil and just drop it in all the little holes as illustrated in the manual. I can sort of tell by sound if I've been slack about oiling.

All in all I love this machine. It has the biggest throat space for a price I could live with. My FMQ is coming along nicely with it.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:01 PM

SherriB, your manual should give you that information. Not all machines are the same method, so check it out.
I do know one thing, use only good quality sewing machine oil. Never use Three in One oil or other types like that.
Good luck,
~Neecie