Embroidery questions

Old 04-17-2016, 05:36 PM

There are yahoo groups like the Viking Gems are covered in the Viking Epic Group, there is a 6D Embroidery Software yahoo group and even though the name is of the latest version, machine or software, usually the older are included. There is another one for Pfaff 2170 Embroidery Machine owners which I am in, and there is much discussion on design transfer; newer software, etc. I would look for a support group on your machine by brand in yahoo. There is so much info in these groups.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:19 PM

This is a sad problem with our machines. I have a Janome that I can still get designs for but is will probably quit working soon. Only some designs will work on it. I hesitate to buy a new machine with embroidery because Ican't afford new designs and a new machine that often. My old machine was 30 years old when I replaced it. The motor was going. It was useable but I could only sew for and hour or so . I kept it for a few years to sew things that are hard on a machine. I used it for denim and leather etc. My repair guy said he had a motor that was good out of a dead machine and fixed it up for the price of a tune up. I gave it to my DD for Christmas.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by grandma jo of 6 View Post
Hi everyone. I just wanted to throw out a question to all of you. I have a Viking Scandinavia sewing and embroidery machine that I purchased a number of years ago. Of course now that I'm finally able to settle in and use it, I find that my software that came with it is out of date and I can no longer get new embroidery patterns and is not compatible with my computer Windows 8.1. Has any one else ran into this problem? Is there a solution, or am I out of luck? Thanks
Join the Yahoo Group for Husqvarna Viking embroidery software (the name begins with Premier). You might just need new drivers for your embroidery software. If you have additional questions, PM me.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:53 PM

What version do you have. I have 4D and 5D Pro and both of them work. Do you just want software to view them in or to edit them. Sometimes you can run a program as if its in an older version of windows so that the software is compatible.