Embroidery questions

Old 04-15-2016, 06:46 PM

Default Embroidery questions

Hi everyone. I just wanted to throw out a question to all of you. I have a Viking Scandinavia sewing and embroidery machine that I purchased a number of years ago. Of course now that I'm finally able to settle in and use it, I find that my software that came with it is out of date and I can no longer get new embroidery patterns and is not compatible with my computer Windows 8.1. Has any one else ran into this problem? Is there a solution, or am I out of luck? Thanks
Old 04-15-2016, 07:15 PM

my software is discontinued that is why I have a older computer that I keep my embroidery on works for me you could probably find one someplace we have goodwill reboot and also even on ebay or places like that.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:39 PM

Have you contacted Viking? Maybe they have a work around.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:53 PM

I almost hate to say this - but have you contacted Viking? If my memory serves me, it has proprietary card on which you must transfer the design. There may be programs and after market "boxes" that allow you to do that - or even the 4D, 5D, 6D Embroidery software that should also allow you to do it.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:01 PM
Gay

Yes, I have found to my expense that as microsoft puts out new windows (Ihave win.7) the older programs no longer work, and it has cost me a lot to keep up. I've updated them several times, finally having to buy new compatable programs, as if the computer crashed and had to reload all those updates, I wouldn't know where to start. I will NOT be buying into win 10 or others in the future (she says, tongue in cheek), though I do love using my quilting and embroidery programs
Old 04-16-2016, 05:27 PM

Thanks everyone. I have called Viking and was told there was nothing available. ��
Old 04-17-2016, 03:57 AM

I am having the same problem with my janome. Don't know what I will do when my 12 years old lap top dies. No one seems to know what to do except buy a new machine. Had to buy a new PC last month, and I am having the same problems with it. No pictures will transfer and most of my documents will not. If you find a solution, PLEASE let us know.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:05 AM

You should find a used computer with WinXP at a reasonable to cheap cost --use it only for your emb programs and do not connect to internet. Keep your newer operating system/computer for email and browsing. D/L your free or purchased designs to a flash drive, card, cd--and transfer them into the XP computer.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:03 PM

They are like Microsoft, they only support their software for a certain amount of time Do you have a card reader with your software? If so you will probably have to get yourself a computer with one of the earlier programs to run it..I have a husqvarna embroidery machine that uses the card and the card reader only works with microsoft XP or later. Look at the software and see which IOS supports the program..Good Luck..
Old 04-17-2016, 01:04 PM

OMG! I went through this with my Pfaff! What a ___nightmare! I ended up buying a new machine (huge honking Brother thing) and spending gazillion dollars on all sorts of computer geeks and helpers. I've decided when this machine is no longer compatible with my computer I am not buying any new designs. When this sewing machine dies I will move into "the home" and begin to tear rags to pass the time. I cannot get anyone to help me with the more advanced techniques with the Brother machine. Oh, don't get me started!