Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Emergency! Broken pacifier

Emergency! Broken pacifier

Stacey, our daughter in Oklahoma called today.

Bella (age 2) was crying uncontrollably because her beloved paci broke. Her "Papa" (Dad's Pop) went to the store and got her 2 new ones. She settled down and talked to me on the phone. What a little chatterbox! She went on about her paci, her two new teeth and the pool the got the other day.

Big sister Raiden was busy swimming and having a blast.

Chase
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I spent hours looking for the "right" paci for my daughter when she was 2. She had to have the "Nuck" brand which was rare 32 years ago. I didn't know which of us was going to be nuts by the time I found one. I bought five.

Blog Entries
    kids always take our anxiety down a knotch don't they? cute.

Happy to report Bella is doing fine now.

My oldest daughter had a quilt she carried everywhere. Not a small crib one, but a twin size one. ....lol
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

My new grand daughter likes a pacifier.
    I remember my 3rd daughter. She had to have 3 of them, one for each hand and one for her mouth. If she lost any one of them in the middle of the night she would get rather upset. I have a picture of her somewhere with 2 of them in her mouth and one in each hand.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    Happy to report Bella is doing fine now.

My oldest daughter had a quilt she carried everywhere. Not a small crib one, but a twin size one. ....lol
    Sounds like my DS... he had his "fum" that he sucked & he also drug one of the plaid stadium blankets with him... everywhere. He still has it! But, according to his wife, he leaves it home now... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    Sounds like my DS... he had his "fum" that he sucked & he also drug one of the plaid stadium blankets with him... everywhere. He still has it! But, according to his wife, he leaves it home now... LOL!
    cute story !!

Please tell me how you break your kids from the pacifier. My kids never had one. My grandson, almost 3, has a fit if they try to get him to go to bed without one. His teeth are being affected, and I can't give advice on how to break this habit. Any tips?

My kids never took a pacifier, either. However, I've heard of people cutting a small hole in the tip of the paci, which makes it less pleasant to suck.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Power Poster
    One of my sons sucked his thumb until he was four or five. He's 48 now - has beautiful teeth - and - as far as I know - hasn't sucked his thumb since he was in kindergarden (unless he hit it with a hammer)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast