Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Finally got to clean up the veggie plot and look what I found! >

Finally got to clean up the veggie plot and look what I found!

Finally got to clean up the veggie plot and look what I found!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 AM

I just put the last of mine in...hoping for the best...potatoes and peas are doing fine :D I will take some pictures soon
:wink:
Old 05-20-2009, 06:12 AM

Wow - your plants are huge already!!! :D Just started yesterday putting in some here. I think we're done with the night freezes now.
We splurged and bought one big tomato plant, just so we could have homegrown just a bit sooner, while we wait for the rest! I'll have some summer squash and lots of green pepper plants too - love them!
Love your pictures!!! I am sooo glad Spring is finally here!!! I HATE winter and the cold!!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Gosh that garden looks nice. I can just smell the sweet scent of compost. Your going to be making squash until you are sick of it! Just kidding. But, it sure does look like it is going to give you bushels of squash this year. :D I love hollowing them out and baking stuffing or corned beef hash in them. Yum! Are you going to have a roadside stand? I will buy some too!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for looking everyone

No...no roadside stands here..we just eat what we can, give away what we can't...and stuff into unlocked unsuspecting cars what folks won't take :wink:

With the few days of sunshine this week, it has really taken off...we've had soooo much rain...its been hard to get everything to come up. I always look forward to the beginning and watching it all grow.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Oh, your garden looks wonderful! We've had frost several nights lately, Monday's was quite heavy. Everything had to be covered. That's what we get for putting it in before Memorial Day! The only thing damaged was a bit of my basil; enough survived that I'm not replanting anything.

Re the bad back - when I was at the garden store getting plants & seeds, I bought a gardening stool thingy. It is rectangular, the seat can be raised or lowered as needed. Not fancy, but hopefully will make picking beans a little easier! That's a long ways off. I've got it hidden; I'm giving it to DH for Father's Day.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:50 PM

Peaceandjoy, that gardening stool sounds good! I was out all day today weeding my flowers, took an Aleive beforehand, probably won't be able to move when it wears off! lol!!! I just sit on the ground, so the stool sounds great!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

I have this thingie on wheels called a "Scoot n Do"...it is a rolling stool and has a little tray in the front with places to put all your tools and a tray to hold little plants & seeds, etc. and even a place for your drinkie poo. I love it, but sometimes it doesn't work as well in the garden as I can actually squat down lower than it puts me...I didn't say I could get back up...but I can squat down lower.. :roll:

Have fun with your new stoolie Peaceandjoy...or make sure your DH does!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM

The garden looks great :D I do love looking at them all...but I am definitely NOT a gardener. My sisters got the gardening gene from Mom, but I got the anti-gardening gene from Dad instead! lol My Dad's grandfather left the Orkney Islands in Scotland to get away from the farm - Dad said when he went over there years ago, they were still wondering why he left! LOL (Did I mention, Dad just turned 92?...they've been wondering for a LONG time!)
Old 05-21-2009, 09:22 AM

What a lovely and neat clean place you have!! I LOVE neat and clean places. I really love that cute little pasture behind you in the second reply. Does a 4 legged anything get to stay in there? If not, I have some for sale--or will have shortly that would enjoy living under your care. :D
Old 05-21-2009, 10:20 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
No...no roadside stands here..we just eat what we can, give away what we can't...and stuff into unlocked unsuspecting cars what folks won't take :wink:
Beautiful spot you got there, Patti! This sounds like round here - it's courgettes (zucchini) mostly - everywhere you go, people are trying to give you great carrier bags full - you say no thanks I've got my own! Was great when we had the pigs though - the neigbour's used to bring wheel barrow loads round for them! :wink:

K x