Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: This is a FIRST for me!

This is a FIRST for me!

A neighbor came here today to request a "reveal" cake. I had no idea what it would be. She said that her daughter is pregnant and doesn't want to know right away the gender of the baby.So I booked it, but she will have to tell me more about it. She said that once the ultrasound it done, it will be placed in a sealed envelope and delivered to me. I'm to tell no one. If it's a boy, I will tint the white batter blue; if it's a girl, pink. The icing and decorations will be a generic baby cake (using pink and blue or different pastels) When she cuts the cake at the shower, all will know. Sounds like fun. Has anyone ever done this before. It's a first for me.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I have never heard of this. Sounds like fun!!

Blog Entries
    i've not done it, but have seen it on TV... lots of fun
    Nancy in western NY

Never heard of it, but it's a cool idea.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I have friends who did this. It was a white 2 layer cake with pink buttercream filling. The cake had white icing with yellow and green decorations.

My niece had a gender reveal. Her sister learned of the gender and filled a box with pink balloons. So when "Mama and Daddy" opened the box, out floated the pink.

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    have not heard of this but this is a really great idea. May have to think about doing that if I ever have another grandchild.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Power Poster
    Okay sounds fun in theory.....Am I the only one that wouldn't be able to accurately read an ultrasound picture? Sometimes those little ones are kind of shy on those things.

Sounds like a cute idea.

My story--my daughter's Dr. said the ultrasound showed she was having a girl so I sewed a beautiful little dress to take with me when I went to stay with her a few days before the baby was due---well, Matt arrived on time but never wore the dress. He is now 25 and I still get teased about the dress!!! Hope ultrasounds are more accurate now!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast