Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Rate Envelopes Denied!

I know that this has been brought up a couple of times already but I wanted to let everyone know that all of my flat rate envelope packages that I was going to ship out yesterday were denied. I was told that the flat rate envelopes are for DOCUMENTS only. If they are not flat they WILL NOT be accepted. They had printouts even to show me about it as well as new signs on the wall stating this. I was told that this is not a new rule. Just a rule that they had never enforced before. I went to a few different PO both yesterday and today and was told the same thing by all.

Anyways just wanted to let everyone know. No more fabric in the flat rate envelopes (well at least shipped from me).

what state are you in

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
    what state are you in
    I am in Washington State. South of Seattle.

How disappointing. I send all kinds of things in those. I had no idea they were supposed to be for documents only. The way they advertise, I thought "if it fit, it shipped".

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I just sent a few out and they went.. and they were stuffed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye-Kaye
    How disappointing. I send all kinds of things in those. I had no idea they were supposed to be for documents only. The way they advertise, I thought "if it fit, it shipped".
    So did I. But I was told that the "if it fits, its ships" applies but you cannot change the shape of the envelope or box. So if there is any sort of bulge it wont be accepted even with the boxes. And yes very disappointing :(

Blog Entries
    What does the flat rate envelope look like? Got a photo?

I don't do a lot of flat rate shipping. I know it is easier to pop the item in a F.R. envelope or box, but I'm not so sure it is cheaper.

I did notice about a week or so ago on the USPS.com site they were clamping down on the F.R. envelopes. It couldn't be more than 3/4 inch thick.

Pretty soon FedEx will be the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I just sent a few out and they went.. and they were stuffed!!
    Good Luck! I hope you can still continue to for awhile. I shipped others out on Saturday and they went fine! They started to really enforce the rules I guess on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
    I don't do a lot of flat rate shipping. I know it is easier to pop the item in a F.R. envelope or box, but I'm not so sure it is cheaper.

I did notice about a week or so ago on the USPS.com site they were clamping down on the F.R. envelopes. It couldn't be more than 3/4 inch thick.

Pretty soon FedEx will be the rule.
    A package that I could have sent out today for 4.95 in the flat rate envelope I was charged 8.50 plus whatever the cost of a shipping envelope. And this was going out the cheapest way possible not priority. Factor in the cost of an envelope/box and I had to pay double the price :(

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast