Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: fleas

Chewie takes comfortis once a month. It is chewable and it starts immediately killing the fleas immediately. It is fantastic stuff. No fleas anywhere. Even on my other dog who doesn't take it.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hosta, some years ago my Mom had them badly. I shampooed every carpet in the house and they were gone.

Actually, my Mom's dog had them LOL I wrote that wrong!!

There's a flea spray that you can get at Walmart...in the pet section...about $10 a can. it's called ADAMS something. It's in a white can with purple/blue letters. You spray right on the carpet/furniture. A friend used the powder form and it worked, too. It Kills the fleas and attacks the eggs, too. It says it works for 260 days by interrupting the cycle....I usually use it once a year as soon as I see a flea and no fleas from my three cats and 1 dog. I had them really bad 3 summers ago and this stuff did the trick!

Blog Entries
    You do have to spray/bomb multiple times because of the adults and eggs but we used to use moth balls which helped. We still ended up getting an exterminator :(

7-dust yard, if they are on your dogs, wash them with ivory dish soap, kills them instantly...I was a bather at a grooming shop...find the source, neighbors? Own yard, will need to continue treating yard if there.

The problem with sprays is that it doesn't kill the eggs. Treat your animals, bomb, spray or whatever you choose to kill the fleas. Then religously every night for a week sprinkle table salt on your floors. The table salt dissolves the egg. Every morning vacuum and empty the vacuum. You'll be flea free in a week. Vet approved and recommended! Good luck!

I feel your pain. At the moment, to keep them at bay, we are giving each dog a flea pill once a month, using Frontline Plus once a month, as well as spraying the yard.

My daughter has not had a dog in her house in months, and had fleas make an appearance last week, in her bedroom of all places.

Wonder what would happen if we salted the dog....????? Just kidding.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    In a shallow dish fill it with water and one drop of dishwashing liquid. Place on floor put a lamp next to it and turn it on, turn out all other light. When you get up see if it has any fleas in it. They will come to the light and die in the water. It does work.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiobuckeye
    There's a flea spray that you can get at Walmart...in the pet section...about $10 a can. it's called ADAMS something. It's in a white can with purple/blue letters. You spray right on the carpet/furniture. A friend used the powder form and it worked, too. It Kills the fleas and attacks the eggs, too. It says it works for 260 days by interrupting the cycle....I usually use it once a year as soon as I see a flea and no fleas from my three cats and 1 dog. I had them really bad 3 summers ago and this stuff did the trick!
    I used this last summer when fleas followed my fur babies home. I spent more time spraying, followed by vacuum etc. where they tended to sleep. It really worked!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast