Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flu Twice in A Month?

Blog Entries
    Exactly a month ago I came down with something nasty. Chills, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, aches in my bones. It was exhausting. Now, a month later, I'm just coming out of the same thing! Yesterday it took me 45 minutes to put on a sock and then I fell asleep sitting up for two hours! My fever spiked at 103.5. Called my sister, who is a physician's assistant, for a diagnosis, and fell asleep on the phone! Is it even possible to get a flu twice in a month? I work with a lot of imported lace and can't help but wonder if there aren't some germs lurking there.

Oh no! I hope you start feeling better soon. **hugs**

Blog Entries
    hope you are feeling better soon

did you go to Dr.???

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Exactly a month ago I came down with something nasty. Chills, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, aches in my bones. It was exhausting. Now, a month later, I'm just coming out of the same thing! Yesterday it took me 45 minutes to put on a sock and then I fell asleep sitting up for two hours! My fever spiked at 103.5. Called my sister, who is a physician's assistant, for a diagnosis, and fell asleep on the phone! Is it even possible to get a flu twice in a month? I work with a lot of imported lace and can't help but wonder if there aren't some germs lurking there.

You need to see your dr.

Blog Entries
    Go to the doctor? Don't be ridiculous!

I actually didn't go because I know there is nothing they can give me for it. I don't have pneumonia or bronchitis. Today I am feeling a bit better, but still have a tiny temp. It's just so odd to get this twice in a month. I am not one who gets sick normally.

Have had this happen too. I get flu first, which is a virus and don't go to Dr, but my lungs get compromised easily and I start losing immunity from the flu and a secondary infection sets in and it is bacterial, so off to the Dr. I go. This happened this winter and also the winter before. If you continue to run a fever, best you get it checked out.

Yes, DH has that last year. He was sick for six weeks! No fun at all. Take care and get well soon! Get to the doctor!!

Blog Entries
    Doctors! Foo! You catch germs there.
    I actually think I'm doing better, just hoping I don't get it a third time. If I do, I will absolutely go to the doctor.

Is possible that you have two different infections, but the first one doesn't sound like the flu. The one you have now does. Hope you feel better soon.

Blog Entries
    Yes different strains. Don't need dr unless u get infection or have other health problems! Drink fluids and get sleep!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast