Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

Blog Entries
    This could be very serious for anyone with a low immune system. A friend called me earlier and said the flu was confirmed in OK. It's spreading fast. :(

Blog Entries
    Your information is so true!! I have MS & my immune system is way out in the toilet, so to speak!! :D Eveyone needs to take heed to this warning. Be extra careful, wash your hands constantly.
    Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
    Cheryl
    Sulabug
    :D :D

There's a lot of colds and flu in the school here :x

I work at a Health Department in Michigan and the word is it could reach epidemic proportions. Wash Wash Wash your hands and carry hand sanitizer everywhere! Well you have to use it too! LOL

I know this is serious, and I am as concerned as everyone else, but...yesterday I was reading an article on the internet about swine flu. The article listed the symptoms of swine flu in pigs. One of the symptoms was "depression".
    Now, I grew up on a farm, I come from a farming family. I don't remember anyone ever talking about a depressed pig. How does one know if a pig is depressed? Loss of appetite, increased appetite, lack of ambition, no desire to get up in the morning, crying jags, no interest in sex? Hmmm...... :wink:

The swine flu is scary. There is no telling how far it will spread. Use precautions like washing your hands often and try to stay away from anyone who is sick. ( like we can do that all the time )

Anyone read Stephen King's novel "The Stand" ?!? ;-)

Oh wow. I did. Didn't think of that til you mentioned it. Ok, now I have goosebumps. Yikes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    I read it, too. Scariest book ever.

The symptoms are high fever, flu like sensations (caughing, sore throat, running nose)....sometimes dezeenes and vomiting with diarreah....
    The high fever is very caracteristic so I believe is the best indication....

:P :P :P no hugs no kisses and no shaking hands....The best is to wear a protective masks as for precaution and try to evoid crouded places.....
    Great time for quilting..... :lol:

sounds just like the regular ole flu!! How the heck are you suppose to know the difference?? I'll keep a look out for people with snouts and pink curly tails and stay clear of them and wash my hands!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    I read it also. It was scary.....

It is getting scary I told hubby last night tehy up graded to 4 when it gets to 5 you will wear a mask, and carry and use hand sanitizer. Then if either starts with any of the symtomes (shoot can't spell) call the doctor, get the meds and NO WORK. OUCH

BC, yes, it was one of the books I listed that I've read (more than once). So, I'm in Colorado and pretty close to Boulder...am I safe?

The news people were talking about not even shaking hands. What about the people who think they have to hug and kiss everyone they come in contact with. :? It's one thing to hug your family but now days it seams like everyone has to hug everyone. Whats up with that? Some of that may have to stop. It's like Ellen said on her show,don't hug unless I enitate it.

I haven't read that,but now ,I have to go find it.. :shock:

Has anyone thought about how this will further devastate our economy? The pictures of Mexico City I see on the news portray it as a ghost town. ouch! our retailers/restuarants will REALLY be hurting then.
    Rose Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Patty44
    I haven't read that,but now ,I have to go find it.. :shock:
    You might not want to patty! ;-) It's about the world getting wiped out by a man made strain of the flu that gets out of a bio-warfare lab.

They confirmed here last night that the students we had who went to Mexico DID return with swine flu.

But the most important fact that people seem to be ignoring is that by the time the tests were confirmed the students were all recovered! Only one still has the sniffles and he has chronic asthma, which has complicated things.

If your health is compromised then you need to be careful, but lets face it, if your health is compromised then you're being careful anyway!!

I have started working in an upscale consignment store here in town. We sterilize and clean all clothes that come in, but we are going to put out a tray with sterile wipes and towels for the customers who come in. Everything helps. And the customers feel better too. As we do. This is not a passing thing, I think. With this global world, diseases pass that never came here before. Kind of like when the missionaries went to Hawaii, Frontiersmen went to the Indian territories, etc. and smallpox spread around. Makes you just want to hide in the closet!

YIKES!! I am such a germ-a-phobe!! I ride the bus to work to Downtown Seattle every day because parking is a nightmare in cost and finding a space! Riding the bus is like a big germ on wheels!!! It always sounds like an orchestra of sniffles, coughs, and sneezes!! I already hate it, now I'm really going to be phobic!! I am always afraid of getting the flu of any form because I am allergic to the darn flu shot so I have no protection there, AND I'm allergic to the ingredient they use in cough expectorant, so if i get a cough I am SOL.

I hope that all you and your families will remain healthy!!

I just went to t he dollar Store and bought a pump bottle of hand sanitizer for each of us in the family.This way the guys can each have one for at work. They all work with the public. and handwashing is not always available to them.
    I was just thinking, what if you take a box of diaper wipes and add a bottle of alcohol to it. Would this make the wipes more disinfecting???I could use that in the car and take one or two into the store with me to wipe up the cart handle.
    We live in the city and things sound really ugly from all the news coverage.

You could get those clorox or lysol wipes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    I just went to t he dollar Store and bought a pump bottle of hand sanitizer for each of us in the family.This way the guys can each have one for at work. They all work with the public. and handwashing is not always available to them.
    I was just thinking, what if you take a box of diaper wipes and add a bottle of alcohol to it. Would this make the wipes more disinfecting???I could use that in the car and take one or two into the store with me to wipe up the cart handle.
    We live in the city and things sound really ugly from all the news coverage.
    Our local grocery store has handwipes as you walk in. Use them on the handle of the cart, etc. I am not sure if alcohol will disinfect? Everything helps. Keep those hand sanitizers handy - that's a great idea. I am old enuf to remember when you didn't have to worry about this.

Wash your hands, get plenty of rest, do all the stuff you know you should do. :lol:

My husband delivers feed to farms, and I have sent CLorox wipes and hand sanitizer with him to work for the past few days!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast