Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Genetics ... who do you favor? >
  • Genetics ... who do you favor?

• Genetics ... who do you favor?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:13 PM

What an interesting subject! I have always looked like my Dad and have some of his bad personality traits. But I won my Mom's creative sewing love and her on-the-move actions. My hands look just like Mom's and yet my body shape is more like my Dad's family. I was always little and had no weight problem, although I am not a skinny-minny today. One daughter looks just like me and thinks like her Dad. The other daughter looks more like her Dad's family, but deals with life so much like me. I love them both and we all get along well, yet I relate to the one who thinks like me the best! These traits were visible by the time they were two years old. It is a facinating subject to take a look at.
    Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
    Power Poster

I'm a mut - a little of this and a little of that. All that matters is I inhereted crafty skills from everyone.
    Old 12-13-2011, 02:45 PM

My mother's family have the "your hair's on fire" red hair, green eyes and freckles, so do I, some of my children and
    grandchildren. I can never thank my Mom and Grandmother enough for their lectures, way ahead of their time, about staying out of the sun. I still have lots of freckles, but so far, no sign of wrinkles.
    Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 AM

Mom's body type, Mom's hands, Dad's face. Gave birth to DD and no one knew where she came from. Some say she looks like me, some say she looks like my husband. DD however has long elegant fingers and girlie hands which none of the women in my family or DH's family have. DD has huge beautiful eyes and full beautiful lips, again no one else does. She has brown hair (so does DH) with significant red highlights (my dad was born with red hair then turned brown). I have always believed that DD got a lot from my great aunt on my dad's side. Great Aunt was tall and statuesque. I was doing some geneology research and came across a family picture of Great Great Grandparents, Grandpa and Great Aunt. Doggone if DD isn't a dead wringer for GG Aunt at that age. DH has her eyes, her lower lip and Gpa's upper lip, GG Aunt's hands and elegance.

DS is a wringer for DH.
    Old 12-15-2011, 12:48 AM

I absolutly don't compare myself or anyone esles to anyone! The only question I have and will never get an answer to is why in my family are there two people with over 150 IQ, in my mother sister's family one cousin, and in my sister family a nephew, all with over 150 IQ's?

Last edited by oldbalt99; 12-15-2011 at 12:49 AM. Reason: spelling