Get The Smoke Out???

Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM

Zero Oder?? Where can I get this?
Gwen
Old 08-31-2010, 04:01 PM

Set a few bowls of vinegar around. It will take a lot of it away.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 PM

you can also see if you can rent an ozone machine. My parents use to use it when they had a dry cleaners and hotels use it when someone smokes in a non smoking room.

I dont know who would rent them but I am sure someone does. maybe look up online
Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 PM

Cigarette smoke permeates everything, upholstery, curtains, carpets. It even leaves a film on the walls. You will have to do a lot of cleaning to get rid of the smell. I would hire someone to come in and clean all the carpets and upholstered furniture. Then the rest will be up to you.
When I was young I worked for a man who owned a lot of apartments. I would go in and clean after people moved out. No matter how clean people were, if they smoked in the apartment, it was a major cleaning job.
Congratulations to you all for quitting! It was the best thing you could have done for yourselves!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
Old 08-31-2010, 04:19 PM

You may have to have inside of house painted. Use Kilz as base coat then paint as usual. Having professional cleaning
done. ex: company that cleans after a fire

Glad the family quit smoking.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:33 PM

Congratulations to the 3 of you. I quit 13 years ago. First thing I did was to wash anything that would fit in the washing machine. I washed all the walls, carpets, etc.
If you have to hire someone, you really won't be out the money because of what you're saving on not buying cigaretts.
Another added benefit - look at all the money you can spend on fabric! good luck.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 PM

Quitting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did! My roommate smokes, and I use a commercial spray that is used after fire cleanups. It is called ZEP Professional Smoke and Odor Neutralizer, which "chemically neutralizes the source of Malodors"

No website listed, but the ZEP, Inc. address is in Atlanta, GA

It works like a charm.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:29 PM

If you have a Sam's club card (they don't carry it at Wal-mart) there is a product called 'Odo-Ban' It comes in a gallon jug and frequently has an added spray bottle full with it. You can use this on anything! I put it in wash, use it in cleaning bucket, spray on furniture, and deodorizer spray. It is amazing what smells it takes out. It also is a disinfectant. It is around 10 bucks a gallon, but you only use a small amount.

Good luck and congratulations!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:53 PM
JJs
Banned

you can always set some boxes of baking soda around behind stuff until you can get everything cleaned...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
you can also see if you can rent an ozone machine. My parents use to use it when they had a dry cleaners and hotels use it when someone smokes in a non smoking room.

I dont know who would rent them but I am sure someone does. maybe look up online
I have one of those machines and it works great. My BIL gave me a microwave that had been on fire and was smokey. Even after a couple of years, could still smell the smoke. We set the machine so it would blow into the open door and about an hour later, no smell and it never came back. It also neutralizes any smells that gets into your house. I got it at
http://www.air-zone.com/ It wasn't cheap but worth the money.