good morning and hello

Old 08-25-2013, 04:09 AM

Question good morning and hello

I go through all the categories of the QB daily and enjoy reading the different thoughts of the many quilters. When I come upon an interesting quote or suggestion in a post, I find it quite entertaining to read the profile of the quilter's background and her/his location. Not to be nosey, prying or anything along that line but just to see where others live, how they came upon quilting and all their likes and dislikes.

I was wondering why some people just join the board but don't reveal anything about themselves.

As I mentioned, it's just my curiousity into how others began their love for our art of quilting and what their other interests involve.

Am I just being too inquisitive
Old 08-25-2013, 04:28 AM
Power Poster

one of the great things about boards like ours is the diversity of its members. as we all know, people are all different with varied ideas and many levels of comfort in sharing. all are welcome here. just think... when you walk down the street, you can see folks with t-shirts that proclaim their pride in their towns, their kids' schools, their sports teams, etc. and you also find those with plain t-shirts. it happens everywhere.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:46 AM

I'm really glad that everyone posts pictures of the things they make.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 AM

I love the stories about what you are doing and going.also pictures of fantastic quilts and willing help.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

most people never think about filling out their profiles. not a problem for me. but I do love seeing all those from other Countries in here.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:47 AM

When I joined the board I had never used a computer before. I had just bought this one and my DD was helping me learn a little and she signed me up here and I have no idea what she did or how. As I have learned more about how to use this thing I have not changed anything she set up for me.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:16 AM

It is interesting to see how people started quilting. I totally agree. I never thought I would make a quilt! I went with my mother to her weekly quilting bee and will readily admit I wanted to go swim .. certainly not sew! Loved the ladies and their quilts...next my mother said she couldn't understand that I wouldn't love it because it was just like making doll clothes! (I started making doll clothes when I was 4 and still loved doing that!) On the way home from the Bee we stopped at Hancocks in Dallas and I bought my first cutting board, rotary cutter and some fabric..that was about 12 or so years ago..I was hooked!!! I am now a fabric hoarder and love, love making a quilt. My list of ones to do is LONG!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:49 PM

Sometimes I read the profile, especially if I am buying from that person. Kind of gives me an idea of what that person is like. Have gotten many friends that have similar interests thru the years. Love this Board!!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

I agree. I am always curious about those on the board who live in my home state and very close to where I lived in Indiana. I'm also curious about those who live in the same area of south Texas where I live currently. It's always interesting to read about the different paths that people have taken to get to where they are today.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

I notice a lot of people on this board never post pictures of their quilts. I appear to spend a lot of time here and I have posted many quilt pictures on here. I am on my 11th quilt for this year. I also work full time have three cats, one dog and a bird. My house is clean almost all the time.