good morning and hello

Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I notice a lot of people on this board never post pictures of their quilts. I appear to spend a lot of time here and I have posted many quilt pictures on here. I am on my 11th quilt for this year. I also work full time have three cats, one dog and a bird. My house is clean almost all the time.
Jingle...you are sick!!! HOW can you be that organized!!! I think I meant to go back later and update my profile and forgot..I will have to check.
I have to ask my DD to show me how to download pictures.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:55 AM

Well, Ladies I have sat here and read each and every post to my thread and have thoroughly enjoyed reading the responses from all of you. I didn't know whether I was just being nosey about all you quilters but really felt it was like meeting you in person.

I want you to know that after I read your posts, I then went in and checked your profile and we are all mostly from different areas but all we all do love to quilt.

Thanks so much for the replies, they did entertain me during the reading.

Luvstoquilt......where in NJ did you reside......I am along the Jersey coast and we are busting out of our seams (quilt talk) at present.yesterday, we drove along the ocean front and there was not a single parking space to be seem from one end of our town to the other.......of course, we are only 2 miles long but that's a lot of car spaces to fill !!!!!

Thanks again, ladies, for your posts. I am so happy that others enjoy learning all about our fellow quilters also...have a wonderful day...MaryJane

Last edited by mjsylvstr; 08-26-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM

I also read where people are from when they post I used to be a trucker ,and the names of a lot of towns bring back lots of memories. I find I have been to a lot of the places posted. can you tell I hate not being on the road anymore
Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 PM

I love to know where quilters are from, their likes and what got them into quilting. It is fun to see the recipes also. One day I will learn to post a photo........Hugs
Old 08-27-2013, 06:08 AM

I joined years ago, and when time allows, I jump on board and join in lots of conversations. I've had times, however, (months, even) that I just didn't have time to get on the board and do anything. I don't delete them from my email, hoping I'll have time to go back later and look at pics and tutorials, (which is probably really dumb, since I probably have hundreds of those saved!) but I keep hoping. There are just WAY too many boards and blogs and sites to check out, and there are just NOT enough hours in the day!!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:27 AM

When do you eat/sleep/walk around in the yard? You spend a lot of time on the computer or you wouldn'thae 20,000 + posts. Tell us your secret, quickly, please. froggyintexas

I notice a lot of people on this board never post pictures of their quilts. I appear to spend a lot of time here and I have posted many quilt pictures on here. I am on my 11th quilt for this year. I also work full time have three cats, one dog and a bird. My house is clean almost all the time.

Last edited by FroggyinTexas; 08-27-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: change verb order
Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 PM

I would love to post pictures of my quilts, but despite all the directions posted here on how easy it is to post from an iPad, my iPad doesn't cooperate. In other words, I've got pictures of my finished quilts saved on my iPad, but I can't get the #%^*+ machine to upload them. If anyone would be willing to offer some tips, I'd really appreciate it. PM me.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM

I agree with you - I wish for 3 things, that must be a requirement to join the board -

Must post what kind of machine you sew on
Where you are located
And an avatar picture - gives an idea of your style of quilting

Just my wish....love reading about the different people on this board - diversity - as QuiltnNan says!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

I also like to look at peoples info for the same reason. I will look at their blogs and albums too. It is just a way to learn about the people we share with on the QB.
I love it.
peace
Old 08-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

I also like to look at peoples info for the same reason. I will look at their blogs and albums too. It is just a way to learn about the people we share with on the QB.

I see that you are from SL, NJ. A quick story about bird watching. First time I drove through this pretty town I spotted my very first American Coot at the little lake. I was thrilled and will never forget it. I haven't seen one since so SL has a special place in my heart.
I love it.
peace