government funding

Old 03-24-2010, 05:39 AM

I have a pet peeve. some might even call it some scientific name as OCD<ADHD PCFD who knows but it really annoys me when people (men and women alike) can't seem to get an empty toilet paper roll off and a new one on. Now I have not done any kind of study on this but how much time can it really take? And then there is the question of which way should the paper come off, over the top or from the bottom. Now the government fund many somewhat useless studies I am thinking that I would be willing to offer myself out there to take part in a study and see just how many places put the toilet paper which way. Is it a female vs male thing? Is it a wealthy vs poor thing? and on and on one could go.

Anyway that is my complaint for today and hopefully for the next month.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 AM

I can go in with you on the study. It could take years, especially with lots of government grants. :P
Old 03-24-2010, 06:19 AM

Question: How many men does it take to change a roll of toilet paper?

Answer: No one knows. It's never happened.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:20 AM

The thing that I find really odd is when the FULL roll is perched on top of the empty roll in the holster....how hard could it be to unload and reload??? It's obvious you've seen the empty roll, because you put the new roll on top!

Oh, and the over or under debate? I'm of the school of Over, unless you have a 2 year old that likes to zing the roll to unwind it, then The School of Under. It slows 'em down, but not by much...
Old 03-24-2010, 07:28 AM

I understand the frustration with this topic, mine is when someone takes dirty dishes to the kitchen and places them on the counter....above the dishwasher!!! but won't put them IN the dishwasher!!!!!arghhhhhhhh. how hard is it to open door, pull out drawer, place in rack, close door? It takes 5 seconds to do it > I timed myself, why can't others do it?????????
Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 AM

Mine... DH walks PAST the laundry chute, to throw dirty clothes in the bedroom floor... WHAT??? You've got to be kidding me. tee hee
Old 03-24-2010, 08:38 AM

I would love to get a piece of that government grant. My husband is pretty good about all that, but at the office I can't believe what I see. Spills? leave them. Empty paper towels or toilet paper? walk away. A lot of "not my job" mentality. Half the time people even leave the microwave door open after they get their food out! How lazy can they get? Okay - done ranting. Now I'll go make mumbling noises about all this all around the office.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:12 AM

First we'd have to set up a committee and then hire someone to write the rules and then have meetings to discuss the rules and set up another committee to set up the rules and then etc., etc., etc. Oh and hire a consultant!!
Don't you just want to say to these people: Just change the damn toilet paper. My motto" if it needs done, do it!!
(I know I'll end up doing it anyway).
And speaking of offices: are coffee drinkers born mess makers? Why leave spilled cream, dirty spoons, used napkins laying around?
Wow-you opened a can of worms with ths one!! LOL I feel better after my rant LOL.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM

Oh Mosher I am not even going to start lol
Hugs
April
Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM

lmao i'm an under on the roll and i hate to say it but my man well, changing it is a chore, unless someone is coming over (him being the last one up there) starts yelling because i didn't go up behind him and change the roll let alone put the empty in the trash, it ends up on the sink.