Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Granddaughters TuTu

Adorable, both the granddaughter and the tutu.

She looks very pleased.

Blog Entries
    Granddaughter is so cute in her new tutu! You did a great job!

Such a happy smile on that beautiful face!! I am a grandma of twin girls and would also like to know how you made it!

She is adorable. You did a great job.

Every girl needs a tutu. Her's is wonderful and she is so cute in it.
    Deb

Cute. I am surprise she forgot the dolly.

Thanks gals, you gals are sew kind. Yes we think the gd is adorable also. The tutu is quick and easy to make. For her size, she is 8 and maybe a little small for her age. I just measured her waist and cut a piece of elastic that would fit her waist. The elastic was maybe 1/2 to 3/4 wide. I cut the tulle 6 inches wide WOF. I left the tulle folded in half like it was when I cut it and then just put the loop around the elastic and pulled the ends through the loop and tightened it around the elastic. I think there was total of 10 yrds of tulle in that tutu. I have made some for little girls, like babys. They look so cute. For them I use the stretchy head bands out now, the ones that look like they have been crocheted. I cut the stripes the same way only I cut them in half length wise and then looped them through the holes in the head band. I will try and find a picture of one of the little ones.

TuTu for a Baby.

Here's the pic of the tutu I made for a baby girl with the stretchy head bands.
    Thanks gals, you gals are sew kind. Yes we think the gd is adorable also. The tutu is quick and easy to make. For her size, she is 8 and maybe a little small for her age. I just measured her waist and cut a piece of elastic that would fit her waist. The elastic was maybe 1/2 to 3/4 wide. I cut the tulle 6 inches wide WOF. I left the tulle folded in half like it was when I cut it and then just put the loop around the elastic and pulled the ends through the loop and tightened it around the elastic. I think there was total of 10 yrds of tulle in that tutu. I have made some for little girls, like babys. They look so cute. For them I use the stretchy head bands out now, the ones that look like they have been crocheted. I cut the stripes the same way only I cut them in half length wise and then looped them through the holes in the head band. I will try and find a picture of one of the little ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by red-warrior View Post
    Such a happy smile on that beautiful face!! I am a grandma of twin girls and would also like to know how you made it!
    I posted another picture and some instructions on this same thread. I didn't have an actual pattern for the tutu's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast