Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandparents raising grandchildren

Sweet Home, Oregon and now Independence, MO
    To any of you out there who are raising your grandchildren, I just want you to know I admire you, greatly!!!!! I am 47 years old and recently kept a friend's grandchildren she is raising for the night. I was so exhausted when they left! I seriously do not know how a person does this!

Well, there are days we don't know how we do it either....ask me, been there, still doing it.

I am 47 also and have a 7 year old son. Some days I am not sure I will make it. Luckily I have two older kids who help keep him busy.

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i am 65 raising 4, and today I took the 13 yr old boy tubing down the creek. I didn't tube, but let him off and then drove a ways down the street and waited for him to drift by. but was very nervous about letting him do it . he is a good swimmer, but you know how it is, he only did it once then found some kids to play with and I was able to sit and look at quilting magazines. You just do things a little different when you get older and raise kids.

I know a lady whose friend recently had her first baby. She is 55 and hubby is 63. Now that takes guts...

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenSimon
    I know a lady whose friend recently had her first baby. She is 55 and hubby is 63. Now that takes guts...
    Nice to know that they still had/have functioning "equipment" :?

I don't know how the grandparents do it either. I have some friends who are raising their grandkids and I just try to help them out and yes, I'm tired too when they go home but I just think how tired they are some days and anyway I can help I do.

I went to visit a friend today that has a 5 mo old and a 4 year old. I have a 4.5 year old and a 3 year old. I KNOW I'm done having kids, because I about wanted to climb the walls with the little gal, and I'm only 35!!!

My best friend who is only a couple years older than me (but got a much earlier start on a family) keeps her GGD while GD (who she raised) works, and is planning on homeschooling her this fall. My grandson is 6 months older than her GGD and I'm exhausted any time I keep him and no way in this world would I attempt homeschooling him...he has the attention span of a gnat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Well, there are days we don't know how we do it either....ask me, been there, still doing it.
    But somehow we do survive. I think it keeps us young.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast