Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year everyone!!! PICS of Oregon!

Happy New Year everyone!!! PICS of Oregon!

Happy New Year! I haven't been on much lately --- lurk sometimes. Was very busy for the holidays and then RESTING!!!! Some of you have told me to post more pics of Oregon ---- so here are some that were taken today (btw -- it was 6 degrees when I woke up this morning!!!)

This is the area behind our house (wish we could see it from our house but can't). This area mostly is Newberry Crater. It's a National Monument. The whole of Newberry Crater includes 2 lakes and Paulina Peak -- The Peak is part of the huge volcano that blew about 1900 yrs ago. It's like Crater Lake, however, it has 2 lakes instead of one and they're shallower than Crater Lake. It became a monument in 1990. On the edge of the monument they're doing drilling to see if geothermal heat can be obtained. It was national news late in the summer. I'm praying they don't change the "landcape"!!!!! We live about 3/4 mile from where DH was standing to get that first picture.
    The pics are of Paulina Peak and a bridge at Paulina Creek. Paulina Creek is all run-off from the snow off the peak.

Name:  Paulina Peak.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  28.5 KB
    Name:  Bridge at paulina creek.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  110.8 KB
    Name:  Paulina Creek 2.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  104.3 KB
    Name:  Snow from bridge at Paulina Creek.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  49.5 KB
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Your pictures are great. I also have snow in my back yard. It is snowing in fact right now.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Absolutely breath taking. I love snow, it looks so clean and fresh.

gorgeous pics!!! 2nd, 3rd or 4th pic would make great Christmas cards beautiful for sure!! No snow here in the valley, but lots just a few hrs from here
    SUEB

Well, we don't get snow where I live in Southwest Florida, so your pictures look really beautiful to me. Not so beautiful though if I still had to drive in it.

Joyce

Absolutely beautiful pics. I love snow and cold, as long as I have a nice warm house to be in.
    We got some snow last night, about 2", we live ontop of a high hill and usually get more than the lower elevations around us.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Beautiful pictures; I'm just glad I don't have to live in it.

Beautiful pictures. They would make a nice postcard.

love the pics. I think if I lived out there and had a view like that I would make sure I had a sunroom/ dewing room to where I could sit and look at the view all the time....

Love the pictures, but you can keep the snow! I like looking at it now only in photos. I use to ski and skate and loved those years of fun in the snow, but now my bones creek when the 'word' snow is mentioned on the news.
    You live in a beautiful area where you can admire the snow filled views. I live in NYC and the snow turns black in a day or two..and is just depressing.
    Wishing you a happy New Year!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast