Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has anyone made a US Flag?

Has anyone made a US Flag?

I looked on the internet for a US Flag pattern for fun. I found all sorts of patterns, but not the original 50 stars and strips. Also found they need to be a certain size etc. (maybe for one on a flag pole) I have lots of things on my bucket list, but just wondering if anyone has made one. Could be interesting. Thanks.. D

Blog Entries
    are you looking to make a quilt that looks like the flag or to make a flag to hang on a pole
    Nancy in western NY

There is a protocol for flag construction. I cannot remember exactly where I saw it. I googled flag protocol and found a great deal of information. There is a certain size proportion, meaning if width is a certain size then the length would be in a direct proportion. It is a math thing. Also, the pole has to be a certain height compaired to the size of the flag. I have the fabric purchased and put aside to make a flag, have not found where I can buy extra time to set aside to make one. I want to donate it to our local fire and rescue for the help and service they provided when my son was in a car accident. He was sitting at a stop light and was rear ended by a drunk who was driving a semi-tractor trailer. He is physically ok now, just 2 rods and 4 screws in this neck. Emotionally, he still hurts because there are things he cannot do. His. body recovered, but he was financially devastated.