View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 03:48 AM
Edie

You got my brain a'goin' here and that is dangerous for an almost 76 year old broad!!!!! I just had a deck put out in front and had to move my flag staff. I had a bracket put up next to the door. That's the background -- what I am wondering if I could buy some patriotic fabric like maybe white with blue stars and red with white stars for the stripes and blue background with white stars for the upper left corner. I mean they make shirts and bathing suits out of the red white and blue stars and stripes, why can't I make my own quilted flag. My flag is getting quite disheveled and for the 2nd time in 54 years I will be burning it on the patio out back, very respectfully in my own yard. But is there any law that says I can't make an American Flag myself????? Wouldn't it mean just as much to me or anyone else as Betsy Ross' design? Did Betsy Ross have the same idea I am conjuring up in my head (addled that it may be)? And, being patriotic as I am, would that not mean as much to me as the one my husband was presented with that hung over the US Capitol? I would never make one like my idea, if it were illegal or not in absolute respect for OUR flag, but it would have been made from the heart! Edie

I think your idea is wonderful. Edie