Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you taken any online courses?

Have you taken any online courses? I don't mean watching a quickie tutorial video, but a course where you have to turn in work and get graded.

If so, what courses or degree/certificate programs have you taken online? At what school? What did you think of it, compared to classroom courses?

Blog Entries
    My daughter got her BA through her PHD on line. It's becoming very popular these days. She now teaches University classes on line herself.

Many - many - both working towards degrees and quilting classes.

Blog Entries
    I am doing online classes for Accounting. I really don't care for it, It really is just self teaching. The instructors dont' do anything! Any questions you have about the material, they just say it is in your book, go read it. Say you don't understand?... they say, go read your book, let me know if you have any questions. Hello!! I do have questions that why I emailed you!!
    They are not allowed to help you with any of the subject matter, have random question about something related but not pertaining to, and they love to chat.
    I would prefer in a classroom, so I can ask questions. Or have somthing I don't understand explained to me.

Blog Entries
    I don't think that is typical, my daughter talks to her students one on one all the time if they have questions about the material.

Two of my classes for my M.S. where online. I liked not having to go to campus for those two classes (campus was a 45 minute drive each way on top of working all day at my job). But I would NOT have done my whole degree online. I learn best by being in front of the teacher - listening to the lecture, taking notes, and reading the book.

Blog Entries
    On line classes can be more intense and you have to be VERY on top of your studies. On line classes are great if the campus is too far away or if you need flexable class schedule. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    I teach advanced high school classes (the kids get college credit) online. They're super intense, and I'm on the phone with the kids/emailing them all the time.

Blog Entries
    IMHO from talking to others who have taken online courses, the help and quality of the courses were quite different from institution to institution.
    I have come to the conclusion a person needs to do extensive research and also evalute how much help you may need in person for each subject :D:D:D

Yes. Many of the classes at the technical college are now offered online only. I do prefer the teacher in the classroom better tho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast