Help for a broken toe

Old 08-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

Sounds painful, good luck.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Power Poster

This happened to my GF. She decided not to wear the special shoe to protect her foot because it didn't go with her outfit. I warned her (from personal experience) that the little toe will appear to stick out and catch on anything possible. Next day she jammed it in the corner of a cabinet.....she decided to wear the shoe.

Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

Tape it to your other toe and wait for it to heal.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:37 PM

Been there...done that. Tape the toes together with gauze in between them as a cushion. Ice packs several times a day for 20 minutes at a time while keeping the foot elevated. Get a "walking shoe" from your pharmacy. It looks like a black canvas wrap-around sandal. The shoe wraps around your foot and has an adjustable velcro strap. Very comfortable. Does not press against your toe and makes it so much easier to get around. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:19 AM

My 12-yr old broke her pinky pig. We did have it x-rayed to make sure it wasn't completely out of alignment, then buddy wrapped it for about a month (until she could walk without it hurting.) Ibuprophen and ice for the initial swelling, and kept it up when she was sitting, but didn't make a point of her "staying off" of it. Her level of discomfort was a pretty good guage for her level of activity.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 AM

A year ago I slammed my baby toe against a chair. Could not wear shoes for about a week. Sis said Drs. cannot do anything for it. It finally healed, but could not bend it for months.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Five years ago I was awakened in the middle of the night with cramps in both my legs. As I was trying to scramble out of the blankets and stand up straight, with not too much room between my side of the bed and the wall, I mashed my foot into one of the bed supports, not even thinking about breaking toes because my legs were cramping so severely. Several hours later, at work, I took one of my heels off to check why my foot was so sore, and as you can imagine, the whole top of my foot was red & purple. Never went to doctor, so now the 2nd and 3rd toes on my left foot don't bend so good and still hurt if I walk barefoot too much, which is my favorite thing to do in the summer. Several weeks ago I was getting a cookie sheet out of a cupboard where I have several of them standing vertically for storage, and the pizza stone rolled out and rolled right over those same toes before it tipped over on the floor. I tried to invent some new swear words, but they wouldn't even come out; then I decided to just cry, but it sounded so fake, I almost laughed at myself. Nobody around to give me any sympathy anyway, so I just took a few deep breaths and ....... put my shoes on. :)