Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help! How to make a bedskirt?

Buying one would be cheaper, but no near as pretty as your. Great job.

Maybe someday when I have more time I will do something like yours. I like the way everything coordinates. I don't have a ruffler for my machine and time and money were of the essence. (Company coming tomorrow) I cheated and used the idea from "Sash" calling for the use of upholstry pins to pin just one side onto the box springs. The bed was my fathers and has a footboard so the skirt wouldn't (or lack of) show anyway. I found an old tablecloth that was given to me several years ago that was ruined in the center. I just cut it in half and pinned one strip to one side of each bed! The top and sides are against the wall and don't show. I tried to upload a picture from my computer but it wouldn't let me....sorry. Thanks again for all the great ideas.

This is a great idea. Will try it. My LQS gave us the idea of attaching strips of velcro to the box springs and matching it up with the velcro strips on the ruffle or tailored strip. But I really think elastic is a much better idea. Thanks for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
    I found skirts that are complete on 3 sides, the fourth side around the head of the bed is wide elastic!
    Where did you find them for a king size...have been looking for a easy way to change up bedskirts and this sounds wonderful with the elastic. I definitely need more info about the one's that you have found or how I might be able to make my own!

Sandy - love your stripes!

Quote Originally Posted by FWDesigns View Post
    Sandy - love your stripes!
    Thank you! I love it too! I made curtains out of the stripes and even made a window seat cover to match the spread...shams, extra pillows, etc.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2