Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help!!!!!! Need help with embroidery machine tension

Help!!!!!! Need help with embroidery machine tension

I am a 4 month old new owner of a pfaff creative vision.......I know there is quite a few of us quilters that embroidery. I am having a tension problem... I have re-threaded, replaced bobbin, changed needles. Followed the troubleshooting stuff, talked to my rep at the sewing machine shop. Gone through the steps to NO avail. Now I am enlisting your help.
    The photo is the back of a dish towel. The top is a little better. Working on snowflakes. Any suggestions would be great. The shop is over an hour away... And today is Sunday. Would like to get Christmas stuff done but I've been messing with this for 2 weekends now. I've tighten and loosen bobbin, needle tension, cleaned bobbin area. Even just tried tension in sewing mode and follow direction in pfaff booklet to set. My serger is less of a problem then this machine....sew frustrated!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Robinlee; 12-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

Robinlee

It appears that you have a tension problem. I know you have tried rethreading, but stay with me and try rethreading one more time. Be sure that your presser foot is UP. This allows your thread to seat properly in the tension disks. Also, according to Kevin Conley (Pfaff educator)hold onto the thread at the spool as you thread the machine with your left hand, holding the thread taut until you reach the needle threader. I hope this solves your problem.
    *~~~Janet~~~*

And also make sure you put the pressure foot DOWN when you are ready to stitch.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Power Poster
    I do not own an embroidery machine so I am going to suggest what I do when I have a tension problem on a certain quilt sandwich, try a different sample. If the embroidery stitches out fine on regular cotton with stabilizer, than you will know it is the dish towel that is the problem.

Definitely looks like presser foot lever is not down! Or not threaded thru tensions correctly. Last option is design--try another. Some designs are not well digitized or get corrupted. If the problem is on the bottom, then the REAL problem is on top.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginaky View Post
    And also make sure you put the pressure foot DOWN when you are ready to stitch.
    If the Phaff is like the Vikings (make by same company now) this won't be necessary. When you tell Viking to start it lowers what it needs and you don't have to worry about that. That was one of the features missing from the Brother machine that I took a class with. You had to lower the presser foot in order to start. This might seem like a small thing but it saves time and frustration.
    Judy

If none of the above works, try cleaning out the bobbin and under the stitch plate. Then clean the hook and make sure it is smooth. Does your bobbin case have a pig tail? I'm not familiar with your machine.