Help!!! need ideas

Old 12-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I like this idea.
Originally Posted by zennia View Post
how about those those thread catchers that collapse. Easy to travel to class with and handy when you get there.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:18 AM
DJ

My first thought was zipper pouches. Here's something just a little different ... a triangle shaped zipper pouch ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXZ6BTEnPE4

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial or video for the collapsible thread catchers?
Old 12-09-2016, 07:43 AM

Another idea for the zippered pouches....add a row of pocket inside....can then be used for multiple things...travel jewelry kit....first aid kit.....makeup kit.... sewing kit for sewing on buttons or repairing a rip (or just for making any repairs that don't require a sewing machine. ...a few buttons, spools of thread such as white, black and grey, a packet of needles, a small handmade pin cushion with pins, a seam ripper, etc).....a pouch for storing all those little things that don't fit into any organizational category and frequently get lost because we don't know where to store them......
Old 12-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

i also did the pyramid bags ths year for the other people on my list, not those in the bee. i made about 25 or so of them, and still need more. last year, i did hand croched, afghan stitch, washcloths. some good ideas ladies. might just do another zippered pouch
Old 12-09-2016, 11:14 AM

I think pads to keep your sewing machine pedal from slipping might be good.
Here is a tut ... http://so-sew-easy.com/non-slip-sewi...oot-pedal-pad/
Old 12-09-2016, 11:32 AM

1. Potholders.
2. Holder for travel pack of tissue. (you know how the plastic tears after opening and they scatter all over in your purse). Made with 4 fabric pieces 4x6.
3. Non sewing item would be book mark. Buy plastic jewelry cord (I like black) at hobby store. Also get package of assorted beads. Cord is knotted at one end, add 2 or 3 beads, tie another knot so beads stay put. Decide length so beads hang out of book at both ends and cut cord, then repeat beads on other end. I have tiny plastic bags 100 in a pack at hobby store.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:40 PM

I've done some hand towels done with a strip of seasonal fabric stitched across - you turn the edges under and pin in place, then top stitch close to the edge, making a band across the towel. I preshrink both the fabric and the hand towel. Quick, don't take too much fabric, and you can vary the fabrics to be seasonal, or match décor etc.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:56 PM

What about one of these? https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...mp=yhs-default
Old 12-09-2016, 05:44 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

How about small rice-filled bags/pillows that are used in a pocket as hand-warmers.
A needle case.
A microwave bowl holder.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:39 PM

I know that tranum mentioned tissue holders. I just found a pattern via Pinterest that is for a tissue holder with a back pocket which holds Chapstick and a small bottle of hand sanitizer. That will be my stocking stuffer for next year.