Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help to recycle Folger Coffee Container

Blog Entries

Help to recycle Folger Coffee Container

Would love to rack your brains to see what ideas we can come up with to recyle the container the Folger Coffee comes in. I just hate throwing them away and can not come up with a good use for them. Help

Are these the plastic tubs? I don't think they make tin anymore at least in my part of the country. I use the plastic ones for catch-all buckets - sometimes I use them for grease buckets - sometimes - compost buckets. I am sure there are thousands of ways to recycle them. I keep most of mine too.

If they are the plastic ones, I am looking for six (1 to 2 lbs size)to do a craft project! I do not drink coffee!

Blog Entries
    Yes they are the plastic tubs and I have the 48 oz size Was thinking more of what to make out of them for gifts etc.

I never buy the coffee that comes in the plastic tubs, but they make great canisters for storing grains, flour, sugar, etc that you need to keep bug free and mouse proof.

I bet they also would be good for a twine/string holder - punch a hole in the lid.

If you have a lot you could offer them on Freecycle.

You could cover them with cute fabric so kids can fill them with small toys little cars or legos that type of thing to help organize their rooms' I have a bunch I use to freeze water in for the cooler when we go camping.

Blog Entries
    I keep all kind of sewing scrapbooking and beading supplies in mine the one i keep scrapbooking scissors in I stuffed the bottom half full so I could see at a glance which scissors I want

Blog Entries
    Hi all, I put snacks for my husband in them and they go by his chair. They can be covered in fabric and used in a number of ways. I also put scissors in one and use another for scraps. I don't drink coffee husband drinks enough for both of us. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Blog Entries
    Love the ideas! Thanks! If u live in cold country keep a small one in the trunk wit water proof candles and matches. Another for a small container of crackers like peanut butter ones
    And one in case your in a blizzard and need a bathroom!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    You can spray paint them. cut a small hole in the front and make bird houses..

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast