Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee

Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee

I thought it would be interesting to see the thoughts of others about coffee. I use to see my grandparents drink Sanka instant coffee. I dated a guy years ago who said to me that once I brewed coffee, I wouldn't go back to instant. I didn't lol! A former co-worker turned me on the flavored coffee (blueberry flavored coffee was the first one). Light and medium roasts are my preference. I enjoy hazlenut, snickerdoodle, cinammon, and pecan flavored coffees.

How about you?
    Family is a priority, not a convenience!
    Take time to be friendly... It's the road to happiness.
    Take time to give... It is too short a day to be selfish.

I'm a diet Dr. Pepper girl. I will drink coffee occasionally, but not as a regular thing. I'd like to kick the Dr. Pepper habit, but the caffeine has me hooked.

Love my morning coffee. Taster's Choice instant. No flavor. Just coffee with a little creamer.

I like Kirkland brand usually but ran out and tried some Kroger Supreme roast and like that. I have a little coffee maker on my bedside table - I spoiled myself! Very convenient. Yes I protect the surface and have never spilled it.
    Alyce

Dang! I know my former co-worker would go for a bedside coffee maker! When she remodeled her house, that was the first thing she did was make sure she had a coffee bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I like Kirkland brand usually but ran out and tried some Kroger Supreme roast and like that. I have a little coffee maker on my bedside table - I spoiled myself! Very convenient. Yes I protect the surface and have never spilled it.

I haven't had a Dr. Pepper since 2007, but when I did... usually a case every 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I'm a diet Dr. Pepper girl. I will drink coffee occasionally, but not as a regular thing. I'd like to kick the Dr. Pepper habit, but the caffeine has me hooked.

I've had that before but many moons ago, not bad. My husband will drink just about any instant coffee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eva Knight View Post
    Love my morning coffee. Taster's Choice instant. No flavor. Just coffee with a little creamer.

Power Poster
    ​Only an occasional coffee drinker, I am a tea drinker.

Power Poster
    My DH hovers over his coffee preparation. If I was wealthy I would have a separate coffee preparation area in my kitchen ( or pantry - or garage ) for him. He is in the way when I want to access the stove, sink, refrigerator, and/ or the microwave.

I actively dislike the smell of brewing coffee.

But some of my family members enjoy it.

Blog Entries
    I dearly love coffee and used to work for Seattle's Best Coffee. And, yes, I know that they and Starbucks are linked. I don't like Starbucks hot coffee. I find all of it just a bit too bitter for my taste. I love the Seattle's Best lighter roasts. I love flavored coffees. But, not heavy on the sweetness. Just enough to get the flavor and a hint of sweetness.

But, alas, I can't drink coffee anymore. Or at least not more then once in a blue, blue moon. It gives me instantaneous acid reflux. It really stinks. Because I would choose to drink coffee over almost anything else. I like it hot or cold.

And, I have to agree. Once you go with brewed coffee, you never go back. It is a major different taste.

I can drink Iced coffee in teeny doses once in awhile. (But, not often.) I don't mind the Starbucks iced coffee that I have found at Walmart in the cold section. I do buy it occasionally.

I can't drink black teas for the same reason. Bad acid reflux.

It reduces me down to herbal teas. I can't drink green tea because it elevates my heart rate too much. *I liked that too. During cool weather, I buy an herbal blueberry tea. And, I really like that one. The trade off is that herbal teas give me dry mouth. So, everything in moderation. And, drink lots of water. lol, yeah, I know I'm a mess. But, for the most part, a happy mess.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 03-31-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Don't care for coffee. I am a tea drinker...hot or cold. Its the English in me, I guess. Our house is never without tea.
    I don't care for flavored teas, just plain old black oolong tea is my "fix".

I drink brewed coffee and instant coffee. I like it hot or iced. My main drink is decaf green tea. I make a gallon at a time for myself and a gallon of decaf regular tea for my husband. He also likes his coffee just plain black. I like all the extras, cream and sweetener.

I am a coffee drinker plain black brewed please no instant. occasionally I do add a flavored creamer for a treat but usually just black. I do like tea and my preference is constant comment orange spice tea.

*Brewed black and strong first thing in the A.M. 2 or 3 cups then I’m done for the day.
    *My very favorite is Scandinavian Egg Coffee, but seldom have it. It’s so smooth tasting.
    *My Grandmother poured hot water over Sanka granules. It came in a glass jar & she’d use the jars for canning. I’ve got a few of her jars & use them to store rice & beans.

We like a new(ish) brand from Sam's Club. Julienne's morning blend - or something like that. My DH makes the coffee while I take out the dogs. The only instant that I will drink is Starbucks in those little slender packs. They make good hot and iced coffee. This is fun and interesting!
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan used to be in FL when she chose this user name

A fat quarter is not a body part!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandilee View Post
    Don't care for coffee. I am a tea drinker...hot or cold. Its the English in me, I guess. Our house is never without tea.
    I don't care for flavored teas, just plain old black oolong tea is my "fix".
    same with me
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

My husband always has to stand at the island directly behind the fridge door. That is so annoying to me! As my friend's grandma use to say...'It's a one butt kitchen!" I don't mind the smell other than lingering microwave popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    My DH hovers over his coffee preparation. If I was wealthy I would have a separate coffee preparation area in my kitchen ( or pantry - or garage ) for him. He is in the way when I want to access the stove, sink, refrigerator, and/ or the microwave.

I actively dislike the smell of brewing coffee.

But some of my family members enjoy it.

I use to drink sweet tea all the time, then I tapered off. I drink water now but I add flavored drops to it.
    I have 2 cups of coffee before I leave for work, then I am done with it.
    QUOTE=Tartan;8233855]​Only an occasional coffee drinker, I am a tea drinker.[/QUOTE]

I am a double espresso coffee drinker. Brewed coffee unless I’m visiting where the only coffee is instant. I have an expresso maker, single pod maker , hand expressed maker, and a regular brewed coffee maker. I really think I need my own room. Lol for flavors, I do enjoy brewed blueberry and in the fall a good pumpkin spice latte.
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

Love coffee! It's my favorite beverage. We buy the beans from Trader Joe's and grind our own. Because too much caffeine makes me hyper we do half and half but grinding the beans makes it awesome. We make it drip. I like it strong with milk.
    I would drink it all day but can't because I'd be climbing the walls

I start my day with two cups of strong, brewed coffee, preferably Green Mountain Coffee Roasters French Roast - I live in Vermont so am brand loyal. When we owned a B&B, we served only Equal Exchange French Roast. We tried others but the guests preferred that flavor. I almost never drink hot tea but enjoy herbal iced tea almost every day.

Blog Entries
    Hubs drinks coffee and makes it with the Keurig. He switches brands every so often to keep things interesting.
    I'm a black tea girl and am fussy about how it's made. No restaurant tea for me. They have no clue.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

We drink Peets dark roast here at our house. My son grinds his own beans and prepares it in a French press coffee maker. I use Kcups. I have a cup in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon for a treat. If it's too late in the day I will drink a cup of hot tea, green decaf.
    This is very interesting to see what other people drink. I'm enjoying it.

I don't know how anyone can enjoy instant coffee. Sorry, instant coffee drinkers!

I only have one cup of coffee in the morning and it is Dunkin' Donuts brand. I use a lot of sugar and milk (cream) so I always say I'm having a little coffee with my milk and sugar. My mom used to warm milk, add a little sugar and then pour brewed coffee into the milk. It was a beige color. She called it French Coffee. Guess that's why I use so much milk in mine to this day.

We buy dark French roast beans from Sam's Club and grind it just before we brew up a new pot each morning. Our favorite coffee was the Kirkland Rwandan whole bean coffee from Costco. It was the best! The local Costco stopped carrying it and we've ordered it a couple of times from costco.com, but I keep forgetting to order more when we get low. We don't do many flavored coffees, though I do like the occasional hazelnut roast.

We both love dark roasts and whole bean. My DH drinks his black but I add a bit of 2% milk to mine.

In the summer I always make up a daily jug of iced tea, but nothing replaces the morning cup of joe!

I'm not one for all the fancy latte stuff that many people order each morning from the local Starbucks. It's nice as a treat on my birthday or something, but home brewed through a simple coffee maker is fine for me!

Such a fun topic!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast