Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/coffee-drinkers-lets-chat-about-coffee-t303950.html)

goldsberry921 03-31-2019 04:12 PM

Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee

I thought it would be interesting to see the thoughts of others about coffee. I use to see my grandparents drink Sanka instant coffee. I dated a guy years ago who said to me that once I brewed coffee, I wouldn't go back to instant. I didn't lol! A former co-worker turned me on the flavored coffee (blueberry flavored coffee was the first one). Light and medium roasts are my preference. I enjoy hazlenut, snickerdoodle, cinammon, and pecan flavored coffees.

How about you?

dunster 03-31-2019 04:58 PM

I'm a diet Dr. Pepper girl. I will drink coffee occasionally, but not as a regular thing. I'd like to kick the Dr. Pepper habit, but the caffeine has me hooked.

Eva Knight 03-31-2019 05:01 PM

Love my morning coffee. Taster's Choice instant. No flavor. Just coffee with a little creamer.

Stitchnripper 03-31-2019 05:56 PM

I like Kirkland brand usually but ran out and tried some Kroger Supreme roast and like that. I have a little coffee maker on my bedside table - I spoiled myself! Very convenient. Yes I protect the surface and have never spilled it.

goldsberry921 03-31-2019 06:00 PM

Dang! I know my former co-worker would go for a bedside coffee maker! When she remodeled her house, that was the first thing she did was make sure she had a coffee bar!

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 8233846)
I like Kirkland brand usually but ran out and tried some Kroger Supreme roast and like that. I have a little coffee maker on my bedside table - I spoiled myself! Very convenient. Yes I protect the surface and have never spilled it.

goldsberry921 03-31-2019 06:01 PM

I haven't had a Dr. Pepper since 2007, but when I did... usually a case every 2 days. :)

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 8233824)
I'm a diet Dr. Pepper girl. I will drink coffee occasionally, but not as a regular thing. I'd like to kick the Dr. Pepper habit, but the caffeine has me hooked.

goldsberry921 03-31-2019 06:03 PM

I've had that before but many moons ago, not bad. My husband will drink just about any instant coffee.

Originally Posted by Eva Knight (Post 8233826)
Love my morning coffee. Taster's Choice instant. No flavor. Just coffee with a little creamer.

Tartan 03-31-2019 06:09 PM

​Only an occasional coffee drinker, I am a tea drinker.

bearisgray 03-31-2019 06:44 PM

My DH hovers over his coffee preparation. If I was wealthy I would have a separate coffee preparation area in my kitchen ( or pantry - or garage ) for him. He is in the way when I want to access the stove, sink, refrigerator, and/ or the microwave.

I actively dislike the smell of brewing coffee.

But some of my family members enjoy it.

Judith1005 03-31-2019 06:53 PM

I dearly love coffee and used to work for Seattle's Best Coffee. And, yes, I know that they and Starbucks are linked. I don't like Starbucks hot coffee. I find all of it just a bit too bitter for my taste. I love the Seattle's Best lighter roasts. I love flavored coffees. But, not heavy on the sweetness. Just enough to get the flavor and a hint of sweetness.

But, alas, I can't drink coffee anymore. Or at least not more then once in a blue, blue moon. It gives me instantaneous acid reflux. It really stinks. Because I would choose to drink coffee over almost anything else. I like it hot or cold.

And, I have to agree. Once you go with brewed coffee, you never go back. It is a major different taste.

I can drink Iced coffee in teeny doses once in awhile. (But, not often.) I don't mind the Starbucks iced coffee that I have found at Walmart in the cold section. I do buy it occasionally.

I can't drink black teas for the same reason. Bad acid reflux.

It reduces me down to herbal teas. I can't drink green tea because it elevates my heart rate too much. *I liked that too.:( During cool weather, I buy an herbal blueberry tea. And, I really like that one. The trade off is that herbal teas give me dry mouth. So, everything in moderation. And, drink lots of water. :o lol, yeah, I know I'm a mess. But, for the most part, a happy mess.