Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Coffee Drinkers, let's chat about coffee (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/coffee-drinkers-lets-chat-about-coffee-t303950.html)

sandilee 03-31-2019 07:08 PM

Don't care for coffee. I am a tea drinker...hot or cold. Its the English in me, I guess. Our house is never without tea.
I don't care for flavored teas, just plain old black oolong tea is my "fix".

Teddybear Lady 03-31-2019 07:21 PM

I drink brewed coffee and instant coffee. I like it hot or iced. My main drink is decaf green tea. I make a gallon at a time for myself and a gallon of decaf regular tea for my husband. He also likes his coffee just plain black. I like all the extras, cream and sweetener.

Up North 03-31-2019 07:29 PM

I am a coffee drinker plain black brewed please no instant. occasionally I do add a flavored creamer for a treat but usually just black. I do like tea and my preference is constant comment orange spice tea.

tranum 03-31-2019 07:47 PM

*Brewed black and strong first thing in the A.M. 2 or 3 cups then I’m done for the day.
*My very favorite is Scandinavian Egg Coffee, but seldom have it. It’s so smooth tasting.
*My Grandmother poured hot water over Sanka granules. It came in a glass jar & she’d use the jars for canning. I’ve got a few of her jars & use them to store rice & beans.

Jan in FL 04-01-2019 01:33 AM

We like a new(ish) brand from Sam's Club. Julienne's morning blend - or something like that. My DH makes the coffee while I take out the dogs. The only instant that I will drink is Starbucks in those little slender packs. They make good hot and iced coffee. This is fun and interesting!

QuiltnNan 04-01-2019 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by sandilee (Post 8233896)
Don't care for coffee. I am a tea drinker...hot or cold. Its the English in me, I guess. Our house is never without tea.
I don't care for flavored teas, just plain old black oolong tea is my "fix".

same with me

goldsberry921 04-01-2019 02:46 AM

My husband always has to stand at the island directly behind the fridge door. That is so annoying to me! As my friend's grandma use to say...'It's a one butt kitchen!" I don't mind the smell other than lingering microwave popcorn...

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8233885)
My DH hovers over his coffee preparation. If I was wealthy I would have a separate coffee preparation area in my kitchen ( or pantry - or garage ) for him. He is in the way when I want to access the stove, sink, refrigerator, and/ or the microwave.

I actively dislike the smell of brewing coffee.

But some of my family members enjoy it.

goldsberry921 04-01-2019 02:48 AM

I use to drink sweet tea all the time, then I tapered off. I drink water now but I add flavored drops to it.
I have 2 cups of coffee before I leave for work, then I am done with it.
QUOTE=Tartan;8233855]​Only an occasional coffee drinker, I am a tea drinker.[/QUOTE]

Nanny's dollface 04-01-2019 03:25 AM

I am a double espresso coffee drinker. Brewed coffee unless I’m visiting where the only coffee is instant. I have an expresso maker, single pod maker , hand expressed maker, and a regular brewed coffee maker. I really think I need my own room. Lol for flavors, I do enjoy brewed blueberry and in the fall a good pumpkin spice latte.

SusieQOH 04-01-2019 03:29 AM

Love coffee! It's my favorite beverage. We buy the beans from Trader Joe's and grind our own. Because too much caffeine makes me hyper we do half and half but grinding the beans makes it awesome. We make it drip. I like it strong with milk.
I would drink it all day but can't because I'd be climbing the walls :)