Holiday baking!!

Old 11-24-2011, 01:18 AM

Default Holiday baking!!

Is there anything more scrumptious than holiday baking?
I get to going and I just want to keep going. The house fills with those luscious
aromas. Any one out there enoy holiday baking like I do?
I have been swamped here lately trying to get soooo many things done. But today,
I had to start getting my baking done. And I am already thinking of things to bake for
Christmas....lol ...well you can't make them all on one holiday, you would feel way to bloated.lol
Tammy
Old 11-24-2011, 06:53 AM

I love the smell too... in fact, holiday baking was such a part of my childhood that I associate the smell of baking cookies with my childhood, brings me right back. I did not do any baking for Thanksgiving this year, but we have Christmas cookies on the list for sure. My husband would love if I made Lussekatter, a Swedish Christmas pastry, but I haven't decided yet. I am thinking pumpkin spice bread and gingerbread and cookies, cookies, cookies. We plate them up and hand them out to our neighbors so I don't add any extra padding to my bowlful of jelly haha!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:01 AM

I always end up baking far too much, but I love it!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:43 AM

I baked a batch of fruitcake cookies the other day with my granddaughter. It was raining and it felt cold and damp in the house. She was real happy to help me. After the cookies were done, she told me: "Grammy these cookies really smell good but they don't taste good to me. Maybe when I am 10 or 11, I will like them!!"
Old 11-24-2011, 07:55 AM

I love holiday baking, my latest is pumpkin bread pudding its so delicious and so easy
Old 11-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Don't bake any cookies but make peanut brittle to give away--can't keep it here becaused my fingers are always gravatating towards the candy
Old 11-25-2011, 04:24 AM

I want to put my Christmas decorations up today, do some homework and bake some cookies to send to my son tomorrow...some years I really like Christmas, some not so much, but this year might just be ok!!! I just want to smell the snickerdoodles as the come out of the oven!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:44 AM

When my children were young money was short (seems it still is) and we did not have the bucks to hit all of the Black FRiday sales so instead....We started our Christmas baking. We would put it in the freezer and also have tins full but by the time we make up all of the gift boxes and plates to give away there were never many left. I must of scared my kids for life with the torture of all of the cookies and my telling them they could not touch them. LOL
Old 11-25-2011, 09:47 AM

What a great idea! Except the scaring part.
Originally Posted by kathyjg View Post
When my children were young money was short (seems it still is) and we did not have the bucks to hit all of the Black FRiday sales so instead....We started our Christmas baking. We would put it in the freezer and also have tins full but by the time we make up all of the gift boxes and plates to give away there were never many left. I must of scared my kids for life with the torture of all of the cookies and my telling them they could not touch them. LOL
Old 11-25-2011, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by jbud2 View Post
I baked a batch of fruitcake cookies the other day with my granddaughter. It was raining and it felt cold and damp in the house. She was real happy to help me. After the cookies were done, she told me: "Grammy these cookies really smell good but they don't taste good to me. Maybe when I am 10 or 11, I will like them!!"
Ohhhhhh I just love these things! They have become a "must do" around our home.lol And the other day I found a recipe for fruitcake fudge. Can't wait to try that one out. I have some goodie bags I need to mail out before Christmas, so I have lots of baking coming up.lol
Tammy