Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Burglary

I hope this warning will prevent someone from having your house entered while you are on vacation. My husband forgot to lock our back door before we left for mini-vacation Easter weekend. When we returned home, all of our medications had been stolen-my husbands coins, thousands of dollars of jewelry-all mine,money, food and left a terrible mess in his path. We feel so violated!!!!!!!!!!! SO, check and re-check your locks before you go away any time. I will never get any of my jewelry back and included was my mon's wedding ring set.

So very sorry.....

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about this. We were broken into years ago when we were home sleeping. Thankfully all they took was the lap top and a bunch of cd cases. It was a horrible feeling though and was very worrisome for me.

Sorry this happened to you. It seems it is happening a lot these days.

Blog Entries
    We have been broken into a couple of time and second they wrecked the house clothes on floor all stuff on shevles in floor whole house was mess dresser drawers out of dress and on floor had to wash sheets before could go to bed because they had touched all of them and as say was horrible feeling.

I am so sorry to hear that!!

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for the warning to the rest of us.

So sorry; we live in the country and hardly ever lock our doors. THey are never locked on a daily basis; and rarely when we go on vacation. Have to re-think that!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramma B
    So sorry; we live in the country and hardly ever lock our doors. THey are never locked on a daily basis; and rarely when we go on vacation. Have to re-think that!
    We used to live like this too but within the last 10 years or so I've become more and more paranoid ... I've heard so many horror stories! So now we always lock our doors when we're away from the house.

So sorry that happened Karen ... hope you can get back to normal soon.

We have been broken into also and it is a terrible feeling, especially since my husband works nights and my son and I were home at the time. We didn't realize until the next morning.
    Ironcially they stole our DVR (about $75) but not remote so it woouldn't work and they stole my purse, yet none of my ID or cards or cash were in it because they were in my coat pocket.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast