Home Burglary

Old 06-12-2011, 11:41 PM

I am so very sorry for all of you that this has happened to. So thankful some of you did not wake up while it was happening. So sorry all :( yet so thankful your all very safe now.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:27 AM

I am so sorry for you. Wonder how many of us can really relate to what's happend to you because it has also happened to many of us. It took me ages to be comfortable in my own home after we were broken into. I am so very sorry about your mother's ring - there are some things that can never be replaced, aren't there? Maybe, just maybe, in this case the stolen items will be recovered. Keep us posted if that happens.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 AM

It's such a feeling of violation when you get robbed. We had a second home in the mountains. Our neighbor called us and told us a basement window had been broken and that we better come investigate. The thieves didn't get anything of real value (didn't really have anything!), but they tried on my jeans, ate leftover pizza out of the fridge, had a couple of beers, then wrapped what they could carry in the shower curtain and dragged it out! The most valuable thing they got was an old dvd player that didn't record anymore, but ewwwww. I scrubbed that place from top to bottom and it still felt "dirty".
Old 06-13-2011, 02:46 AM

so sorry this happened to you. I have been robbed 3 times, it really galls you that the things they take have much more value to you sentimentally than they will get monetarily.
I always take my jewelry with me when I go away, even overnight. It lives in a pouch that stays in my suitcase. (I don't wear it much but it has sentimental value.)

We live in the country too, last time we got broken into here there was nothing valuable in the house so they took things like light bulbs, laundry soap, and toiletries. State police officer said "They went shopping in your house."
Old 06-13-2011, 02:59 AM

Sorry to hear about your mishap.We live in the country with 2 big dogs and always lock our doors no matter what. We also have a simple alarm system that my hubby installed from Radio Shack.You can never be too cautious........
Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Power Poster

So sorry this has happened to you.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:48 AM

My house has never been broken into, but I know the feeling of being violated. We discovered that our daughter had been stealing my debit card from my wallet and withdrawing money after we had gone to bed. Even tho it was a family member, that feeling was still there along with the betrayal. We live in the burbs, but I always lock my doors even when I'm home. When I'm upstairs sewing, I wouldn't hear someone come in. I'vecome downstairs a number of times just to find my DH sitting on the couch. He'd been home for an hour and I didn't know it!
I'm sorry that your stuff was stolen. I hope you can get it back.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:02 AM

i am sorry for your loss..but it would not of mattered if the door was locked or not..they would of got in anyways.

my daughters house was broken into on Dec. 22nd. while they were at her father-in-laws funeral. they stole Christmas (everything!) and thier peace of mind..
insurance only covered so much of the jewlery..they got all the cameras with the memory cards..cash,checks,CC's, took the tv off the wall even!
they now have an alarm system..and want to sell thier house and move. makes you sick..

i wish you well..i am sure your husband is feeling really bad..if your the only house that ws hit in your area..then it was someone who knew you were going to be away. the detectives think it was someone who knew they would be at the funeral . now that is a really sickening thought.

don't be in a hurry to close the claim. a month after it happened,they realized they got the kids piggy banks in thier rooms..with savings bonds in them..
Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 AM

Oh, honey.......I'm so sorry. How terrible. Definitely a warning to us all to double check, not just before leaving home but also before going to bed.

So sorry for your financial and emotional loss. I do understand. We lost a lot to a flood a few years ago.

But I have learned not to store important things on the floor, and that less and less things are important.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:39 AM

So sad. I know the feeling. My heart goes out to you.