Home Burglary

Old 06-13-2011, 04:43 AM

A locked door won't stop a thief.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 AM

This happened to my son while my husband and I were visiting him for Christmas. It was just horrible to see what they did to his home. We were more concerned about our pets than anything else because we were afraid they either took them or hurt them, they did neither, but left doors open and glass broken along with everything inside completely torn apart. I have a security system in my home and feel so safe with it. We arm it even when we are just out for short periods of time, even though we live in a safe neighborhood and never hear of anyone breaking into homes, etc. I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:01 AM

So sorry about your lose and I know how you feel After my husband passed away my BIL was breaking in every time I left the house at first they kept saying I forgot to lock my back door I put new locks on and added a second dead bolt and a slide bolt,several times.This did not stop the bas---d One officer took a real good look and found marks on the jamb where a jack was used to widen the frame,which made it possible to enter and lock up on his way out. So now my locks have a 3inch bolt going into a pipe that sinks into the wall cavity
Old 06-13-2011, 05:04 AM

so sad, not only do they steal your belongings but also your sense of security.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 AM

Happened to dau and family in March. House was locked, she had gone to run an errand. Neighbor across the street thought he had never seem them before, they were caught, car impounded and they are in jail. stuff never recovered, prints found with blood on them, as they roke a window on door to get in. They had been in trouble b/4. Now they had a security system. sorry about your loss also.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

I'm sooo sorry. There is no feeling quite like it. We were broken into 5 times prior to moving from the city. And we lived in a "good" area! We even had an alarm system, even bought an extra car to sit in the driveway when we were gone so it would appear that someone was home. Rotten B*^87Ds!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 AM

It seems that there is more and more of this and the crooks are getting more brazen.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:59 AM

So sorry this happened.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 AM

We were broken into around 3 years ago. It is a horrible feeling. They took my wedding rings, which belonged to my MIL. I was more upset about those than anything else. They tried to steal my hubbys truck too, but instead destroyed the steering colum and the insurance company totaled the truck. There were other little things they took but I think they did not get all they wanted because my husband came home while they were there.

They had super glued the locks on the doors and unplugged the garage door. We had the house locked, they were able to use a crow bar and move the solid part of the sliding glass door to break in.

We have since had an alarm system installed and we do not leave the doggie door open anymore either. Its a very sick feeling to think you cannot even have a home, and feel safe to leave it.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 AM

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know exactly how you feel. We had almost completed my house and had been staining and sealing the upstairs floors. I had just moved my boxes and furniture out of storage and they were in two downstairs room. We went to town to eat lunch while waiting to put second coat on floor. Came back, someone had busted in the window to the side door. Stole my flatscreen tv's, DGS video games, and other assorted items. they broke into the trailer where my son was keeping all his tools he used to built my house, thousands of dollars in saws and nail guns, and left an axe imbedded in the side of the trailer. But what was worse to me was they had ripped open all my packing boxes and just dumped stuff everywhere in a mess all through the house. All my fabric and quilting stuff was in piles everywhere, pins all over, etc.They threw my area rugs over the porch railing into the mud (it had been raining). I just cried. We are rural and only house around so no one to see anything. Now I have security system with video cameras all around the house, a shotgun, and several big dogs, including one German Shepherd.