Home Burglary

Old 06-13-2011, 06:39 AM

So sorry this happened to you.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:40 AM

I know how you feel, I was robbed and I threw out everything in the frig. because they had taken a roast and a bottle of wine and Who knows what else they had their grubby hands on. Also a guy on tv said to throw away toothbrushes and etc. and proceeded to tell what they do with those. Disgusting
Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM

Please NEVER leave your doors unlocked. Not even if you live in Timbucktoo with three people living in a town 30 miles from you. Any evil stranger in your area can take that chance turn into your driveway. Even locked won't stop most of them, but it will slow them down.

It's a scary world now, most have forgotten any respect, morals or ethics they were taught (or maybe they never were taught). We know from schools today, there is no respect for authority and on the street, none for law enforcement.

I'm so sorry for your loss when your home was burglarized but am so thankful no people were hurt. Our doors are locked, all the time when we are home and gone and no one wants to break in, believe me. I don't even answer my front door as I can go to a front window to see who is there before letting anyone in. My husband was in law enforcement for 25 years.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:44 AM

I am so, so sorry that this happened to you. I know the feeling and dismay. In 1990 the house we lived in was broken into and valuables and money stolen. A neighbor saw a truck on our patio, backed up to the patio door and even saw the theives taking stuff and did nothing. They broke a rear window and when no one responded from inside, they came inside and robbed us. I came home to an opened patio door and when I saw what they had done to our home I cried. We never got anything back and the police said we never would. He suggested we get a big dog...

I can't imagine what it must have been like for those of you that were home when robbed. You could have been hurt.

We keep our doors locked at all times, even during the day when we are home. I won't even answer my door when there is a stranger at the door and we have security doors as well as the regular doors, so if I did answer the door I still have something between me and whoever is at the door.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:46 AM

I am so thankful we have a home alarm. If the alarm is set and you open a door the whole neighborhood hears it. Set it off once by accident and the police were here before I could get it turned off. Sorry you had to experience this.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 AM

My MIL was robbed 4 times stole her jewelry and money but really tore up her house the last time it was in the middle of the night and she heard someone at her bedroom window he was half way in and she caught him and when he tried to back out she caught his fingers underneath the window he could not get them out and when the police came that is how they found him the police could not believe it off to jail he went but the police told her from now on keep her windows locked.My MIL was 70 at the time
Old 06-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry this happened to you. ))))HUGS(((((
Old 06-13-2011, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

WooHooo MIL. You go girl.

Originally Posted by Mom of eight
My MIL was robbed 4 times stole her jewelry and money but really tore up her house the last time it was in the middle of the night and she heard someone at her bedroom window he was half way in and she caught him and when he tried to back out she caught his fingers underneath the window he could not get them out and when the police came that is how they found him the police could not believe it off to jail he went but the police told her from now on keep her windows locked.My MIL was 70 at the time
Old 06-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Sorry for this violation. Just wonder how anyone can do that. Hope they are able to catch the people.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 AM

be sure the police check the local pawn shops --and you check too. My daughter was robbed while at work, and her jewelry was recovered at a pawn shop. Hope you are able to find it.