Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Honey BooBoo

Honey BooBoo

Has anyone seen this child who is frequently talked about on morning shows? She seems pretty annoying and how did she get to be a TV personality?

I find her to be in the same category with Jerry Springer.... and really is there nothing better to put on TV?

Blog Entries
    It's pure voyeurism - like watching a train wreck. I don't mind laughing WITH someone, but laughing AT this young girl has made me change the channel.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Blog Entries
    I find it disrespectful in every way, shape, and form! I sure would not let my kids watch it and think it was funny!

Blog Entries
    when did chubby and obnoxious become funny....maybe I'm just to old to appreciate
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Blog Entries
    What gets me is that shows like this are called reality TV; it sure isn't my reality and I can't see how they can exploit this child just to make money. She maybe enjoying it now but wait until she gets older and this is still being viewed by kids she goes to school with. "Reality" can bite you in the but if you aren't careful. The only show that I watch that is really Reality is The Biggest Loser. I used to be over weight and can relate to these people and their struggles that got them there. What they face; that is truely reality as far as I'm concerned. I don't watch this other stuff.
    Judy

Power Poster
    I am sure her parents are laughing all the way to the bank. It is pure exploitation of a child and I hope her money is put in trust from her when is is an adult. Who is going to hire a child with no manner and etiquette? Opps what am I thinking....that is already a problem with young adults.

I think she is being exploited by her parents, and her parents are being exploited by tv producers. I hope they save all that money for therapy, because I don't think that child is going to deal very well when her 15 minutes of fame passes, no one cares about her anymore, and she grows up enough to realize she was just a joke to many people. Poor thing!

Tuesday today is a HoneyBooBoo marathon on TLC -- info on the first episode says she was a toddler beauty pageant contestant -- I would rather watch Sister Wives, my new tv fascination -- previews remind me of the annoying home video shows, somewhat embarrassing to watch
    diane

Blog Entries
    I thinl this show teaches kids that it is alright to be disrespectful to your parents. After all it got her on TV. I am afraid that if any of my kids talked to me that way they may be missing a tooth or two. And yes they are all grown but know when I say enough it is enough.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast