Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 110

Thread: Honey BooBoo

  1. #26
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    She is just a chubby Kim Kardashian. Her whole family just turns my stomach. It's embarrassing to know people from other countries maybe watching this and thinking we are all like that. And her Mom should be slapped into next week for letting her drink that gawd awful concoction of Mountain Dew and Red Bull.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

  2. #27
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    15,785
    Blog Entries
    2
    they say Society dictates, i think it's the people who sell their products in commercials that keep the shows on. Don't ask me which commercials because i don't watch those either. I watched a movie the other day i love and watch again when ever it comes on, called Enchanted April with Miranda Richardson and Joan Plowright. My friend in England hadn't heard of it and will now watch out for it. she also loves Downton Abbey, me too! better TV.

  3. #28
    Super Member Sheila_H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    1,058
    I think it's cruel to do this to a child of any kind, at one point in time she was doing beauty pageants and then they basically make a mockery out of the region of that she comes from. I don't think they should allow anyone to make someone out to be a huge joke I think it's a cruel thing to do to anyone. If half of what they show on there is true I'm surprised that DHS is not involved, they have no plumbing with that many people in the home and a newborn as well, getting stuff out of dumpsters, I fail to see the humor in it and refuse to watch it.

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    She is just a chubby Kim Kardashian. Her whole family just turns my stomach. It's embarrassing to know people from other countries maybe watching this and thinking we are all like that. And her Mom should be slapped into next week for letting her drink that gawd awful concoction of Mountain Dew and Red Bull.
    I was just thinking the same thing when I caught the show today switching the channels.

    btw, love, love, love your photo. Is that one of your squirrels?
    If you quilt fast enough, does it count as aerobic exercise? Bernice Manning

  5. #30
    Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    1,419
    I had no idea what a HBB was until I saw her on the Barbara Walters show a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe what a horrible child she is and how horrible the public fascination with her is. What could the parents be thinking?

    Many years someone refered to TV as a vast wasteland. It still is! There is way too often nothing worth watching on TV.

  6. #31
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribeth View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing when I caught the show today switching the channels.

    btw, love, love, love your photo. Is that one of your squirrels?
    No he is not. It's a picture my husband found on the internet. I call him Cool hand Luke.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

  7. #32
    Junior Member NancyBelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Ohio Wilderness
    Posts
    136
    I've been a public school teacher for 28 years in a rural area and HBB's life is very much the way many of my students grow up. She was "discovered" during an episode of Toddlers and Tiaras when she participated in a pageant.
    Dance like no one is watching....
    Quilt like there's no tomorrow....

  8. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oak Point TX
    Posts
    607
    She started out in the "baby pagents." I am sorry for her, it's her mother that is pushing her. It's a shame they don't let her be a child

  9. #34
    Super Member quiltjoey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" Have you ever heard of this?
    The HBB 'phenomenon' is just following a long pattern. Read the reviews on the link for thoughts to curl your toes.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096...n=&s=&v=glance

    Jan in VA

    Thanks for the link, Jan. I have forwarded it on to many of my friends and family with young children in school. I saw this in action when I taught high school 5 years ago when I retired. The schools today are not the schools most of us went to when we were young. I tell all my friends, family if they can afford it, either put their children in private school or home school them if at all possible. Several have taken my advice... Most people don't believe it...

  10. #35
    Super Member quiltjoey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,078
    HBB TV show is disgusting to say the least. It is making the American people look like fools. And again maybe we are...

  11. #36
    Super Member slk350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Posts
    1,935
    I had just recently heard of Honey Boo Boo and had no clue what or who she was. Happen to catch some show about a toddler beauty pageant tonight and she was in it. Doesn't seem like pageant material to me (my opinion) .The whole show looks like a bunch of red necks. And I don't like the other show Toddlers in Tiaras. All those cute little girls dressed like adults or hookers. Shame on them

  12. #37
    Super Member slk350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Posts
    1,935
    My husband has mentioned "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" and he can't stand the government and what they are doing.If it's the same person , there is a video on You Tube or something talking about the book. Wasn't the book written by a elderly women, who really knows what's going on ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" Have you ever heard of this?
    The HBB 'phenomenon' is just following a long pattern. Read the reviews on the link for thoughts to curl your toes.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096...n=&s=&v=glance

    Jan in VA

  13. #38
    Super Member Sandygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    She is just a chubby Kim Kardashian. Her whole family just turns my stomach. It's embarrassing to know people from other countries maybe watching this and thinking we are all like that. And her Mom should be slapped into next week for letting her drink that gawd awful concoction of Mountain Dew and Red Bull.
    Reality TV has been on for over a decade. It is cheap to produce and there are plenty of willing participants looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Its about viewership and ratings. The World IS watching us and always have. We as a society accepts this form of entertainment. Like it or not...but you don't have to watch it.

    Think You Tube, Facebook, blogs, etc. lots of trash for the world to see. HBB is tame compared to violent and sexualized movies, soaps and TV dramas. HBB will Run its course.

    She is precocious for sure and this show portrays a real slice of society that many on this board may not have experienced...esp in light of the "trailer trash" labels mentioned in this thread. Wow!

    At least this family/ parental unit is married and the family seems to genuinely love each other and do things together tho their lifestyle may not agree with ours. They look like they are having fun.

    The Kardashians are having a sleazier kind of "fun" . Kim is knocked up while still legally married to the football player she duped.. No, i don't watch their show. The pastors' kid, the unmarried Jessica Simpson, is touting the benefits of Weight Watchers while proudly announcing her second pregnancy in her commercial for WW. Hmmmm.

    The world is crazy, I agree.
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

    Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

  14. #39
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,683
    I haven't seen the show, but have seen commericals for it. I think it's discusting and can harm her self esteem later on.
    Reality shows such as this aren't worth the time and effort it takes to put them on air! IMHO
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

  15. #40
    Super Member Sandygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by slk350 View Post
    My husband has mentioned "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" and he can't stand the government and what they are doing.If it's the same person , there is a video on You Tube or something talking about the book. Wasn't the book written by a elderly women, who really knows what's going on ?
    And we erase history. Or we allow it to be erased. Check out textbooks. Fox News for a more in depth view of the world.
    S
    Sandygirl

    Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

  16. #41
    Senior Member janegb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Beautiful Jensen Beach, FL
    Posts
    462
    Glad to see that others find that child so obnoxious! Ill mannered, rude and all the things I don't find attractive or appealing in a child. Blame her parents for her behaviour, because children are born with a blank slate, its up to parents to teach them. I caught glimpses of her on some talk shows and was appalled at her antics! I will never watch her program.

  17. #42
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Orange Park,Fl
    Posts
    1,037
    I watched this show for 10 minutes and told my DH this"Get that child to my house I will teach her manners. She has a potty mouth and their house is nasty. But then the parents are no better then she is. You learn from your parents. God help her when she grows up. the show (can you read) made me so mad. Can't watch it. This is my feelings on HBB.

  18. #43
    Super Member coopah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Horse Country, FL
    Posts
    6,203
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    How is right!!!!! reality shows have never been an interest to me. mainly because they are t.v. shows, not real at all!
    You're so right that the reality shows are NOT real. They are staged. If you don't believe me, I have a bridge...well you know the rest of that. And the scariest of this whole thing is that Barbara Walters thinks "Honey Boo Boo" is one of the most interesting people of 2012!!!

    Also, I'm tired of any cop/murder/CSI shows. Too much violence. And why do we have so much violence in our society? I'm putting on rose colored glasses and watching Hallmark!

    As a retired teacher, just wait'll she hits public school. Whew-ee, I sure would like to see THOSE episodes. I'd have those parents in BEFORE school started with the principal, guidance counselor, and probably superintendent sitting in...oh, and for good measure the school district's lawyer, because that is ONE child that is going to be a HUGE problem. But maybe they'll go the home school route. Just sayin'...
    Last edited by coopah; 01-02-2013 at 06:22 AM.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

  19. #44
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Keller, TX
    Posts
    1,142
    We can only hope that is 15 minutes of fame. This program is deplorable! Pure illiterate trash.

  20. #45
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Posts
    3,364
    OK - I must be from outer space, I have no idea who this is and after reading just the first couple of posts don't want to. thanks for the heads up so I can avoid this.

  21. #46
    Junior Member chislett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Posts
    200
    This is nothing more or less than child abuse. Remove the child from the home and pray it isn't too late for rehabilitation. Parents are candidates for counselling. However since when do families every move have to be sensationalized for "entertainment". Isn't it common sense to raise children in a safe healthy environment playing and reading etc.

  22. #47
    Super Member grammyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kenova,West Virginia
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    Reality TV has been on for over a decade. It is cheap to produce and there are plenty of willing participants looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Its about viewership and ratings. The World IS watching us and always have. We as a society accepts this form of entertainment. Like it or not...but you don't have to watch it.

    Think You Tube, Facebook, blogs, etc. lots of trash for the world to see. HBB is tame compared to violent and sexualized movies, soaps and TV dramas. HBB will Run its course.

    She is precocious for sure and this show portrays a real slice of society that many on this board may not have experienced...esp in light of the "trailer trash" labels mentioned in this thread. Wow!

    At least this family/ parental unit is married and the family seems to genuinely love each other and do things together tho their lifestyle may not agree with ours. They look like they are having fun.

    The Kardashians are having a sleazier kind of "fun" . Kim is knocked up while still legally married to the football player she duped.. No, i don't watch their show. The pastors' kid, the unmarried Jessica Simpson, is touting the benefits of Weight Watchers while proudly announcing her second pregnancy in her commercial for WW. Hmmmm.

    The world is crazy, I agree.
    Sandy
    They are not married as I understand, they talked about it on one show.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...6BC2680921.png
    " You can be a master of every thing you do. Every thing you do may not be a masterpiece, understand that, then do the best you can with what you've got".Maya Angelou

  23. #48
    Super Member mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee, UC area
    Posts
    1,073
    Of 40 replies to this post, (I counted)....all turned a thumbs down except one person who says she watches it. Like the majority, my time is too valuable to waste on watching/listening to this bratty child who hasn't been reared properly...or who is allowed by her parents to follow the producers scripts...so tell me how it stays on the air???

  24. #49
    Super Member Yooper32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tippy-top of a ridge in WV
    Posts
    6,359
    I think that it is demeaning and disgusting and thrives on ignorance. I can't imagine that anyone would want to watch this, much less enjoy it.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

  25. #50
    Super Member Sandygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
    They are not married as I understand, they talked about it on one show.
    OH! I did not know that! I thought they were. I stand corrected/
    s
    Sandygirl

    Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.