Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How do I get charts from Excel into my Word doc?

I have a report due soon, in which I have charts in Excel that I need to put in Word.
    I don't know how. I have tried to copy and paste which worked until I went to print my report. Where I put the charts is blank.
    Can anyone help this outdated college student? LOL

I am not sure which versions you are using of Word and Excel (2003, 2007, etc).

Try this:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...005199446.aspx

Or, look around this site. The answer to your question is almost certainly going to be here.

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    In word, click insert, object, object, create from file, browse to the file you want in the document, then click ok.

See if this helps. It was in the Help section on the toolbar. Just put in "insert excel document" in the search function.

Insert another file into an open document
    Show AllHide All
    1.Click where you want to insert the second document.
    2.On the Insert menu, click Insert File.
    3.In the File name box, enter the name of the file you want to insert, or browse to locate the file.
    Notes

•To insert only part of a document, click Range, and then type a bookmark (bookmark: A location or selection of text in a file that you name for reference purposes. Bookmarks identify a location within your file that you can later refer or link to.) name in the Range box. The document that you insert needs a bookmark assigned to part of it.
    •To insert only part of a Microsoft Excel worksheet, click Range, and then type a cell (cell: A box formed by the intersection of a row and column in a worksheet or a table, in which you enter information.) range in the Range box.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help! I was able to get my charts from excel into my formal report in word.

I appreciate all of your help!! :thumbup: :thumbup: