Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How do you carry your handgun? >

How do you carry your handgun?

How do you carry your handgun?

Old 05-08-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by be a quilter
Shoulder holster in winter, hip, pocket, fanny pack or ankle holster in summer and for a skirt try: http://chickholsters.com. I think it costs as much to make as just buy some of these methods and more secure, in my opinion.

:thumbup:
Great web site. Thank you for sharing.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 AM

You really need something with a closure on it.
Mine was in a pocket in my purse.
When I was having my hair done I had my purse in my lap and I moved too fast and my purse fell...the gun slid across the floor...I jumped down and shoved it back in my purse, but I know everyone saw it. It was an embarrassing moment.
Syl
Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 AM

I used to use a standard holster with the 'hammer' snap in my purse. I used to make very very large cash deposits for my ex-husbands business. Being very pregnant at the time, I walked into the bank with the heavy vinyl zippered deposit bag in my purse. You should have seem the tellers eyes when I opened my purse and she saw a butt end on a gun sticking up next to the deposit bag! I laughed and said I am only here for a deposit. Using two fingers I took out the deposit bag and placed it on the counter for her. With a relived laugh she said " Being so pregnant I didnt think you could run that fast to rob us!"

Cindy in TN
Old 05-08-2011, 06:45 AM

the nra has a vest on their site like the virginian wore on his series. it has a place for a pistol. it is really neat. i love the virginian so someone just happened to email me about it.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:04 AM

I don't have my concealed weapons permit yet, since I'm not a purse person, I think I would use something called a Smartcarry Holster.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:48 AM

What kind of handgun are you talking about....a revolver or a semi-automatic pistol? A .22 derringer or a full-sized military .45?

I always, always, always carry on my body instead of in a purse or pocket. It is a safety issue and a weapon retention issue. A purse snatcher can easily grab a purse and should never find a handgun in it as part of his reward! A properly designed holster protects the gun carrier and those around us from "accidental" (negligent) weapons discharges. Even if a gun in a hip holster were to fire, the round would travel down into the ground/floor. A leg or foot wound might result but it probably wouldn't be lethal. A properly designed holster can also make it more difficult for anyone but the wearer to draw the gun from the holster.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 AM

I have a Permit but
have not figured out
how I want to protect
the gun yet.
THANKS!!! J J
Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 AM

There is a purse with a built in compartment for your handgun. It has a slit in the side where you can just slid you hand in and get to the handgun fast. Look on the web for conceled handgun purses and you should be able to find it. I had one about 15 years ago and do not remember where I found it. Sorry
Old 05-08-2011, 09:27 AM

My .357 fits into a nicely quilted make-up bag that goes in my purse.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:09 AM

i don't carry a pistol but the vest that the nra has does have a zippered pocket that the pistol goes in and a place for some bullets too i think and i don't think it shows that you have a pistol. it is a leather vest though so it does price accordingly.