Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you carry your embroidery machine in? >

What do you carry your embroidery machine in?

What do you carry your embroidery machine in?

Old 12-01-2013, 11:51 AM

Cool What do you carry your embroidery machine in?

Hi all,
What do you carry your embroidery machine in? I have a baby lock Ellisimo Gold embroidery machine. I am looking for something to carry it in. They are expensive.

Thanks,
Sunnydays
Old 12-01-2013, 11:56 AM

I have a Brother PE-770 and haven't yet bought a carrying case. Still looking around. My Brother dealer sells the Tuttos - I'm pretty sure there is one of those that are embroidery machine compatible. Think I'd prefer a hard case, but may have to go with the soft side.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM

The totes are expensive, but think about the price of the machine you're transporting. Would you transport your expensive belongings in a trash bag? I opted for the tutto for my machine, because it's worth it to protect it
Old 12-01-2013, 03:46 PM

I did buy a wheeled case a few years ago and it was expensive but very nice and worth it.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

I have one of those sewing bags that has wheels and a handle on it, the handle collapses down into the carrier. my emb unit has a separate bag it goes in and slides over the handle for storage.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

when I first bought it, from the brother dealer I paid $175 for it. I see it now at michaels and ac moore for scrapbooking for about $30. don't know if it's any different than mined
Old 12-01-2013, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
The totes are expensive, but think about the price of the machine you're transporting. Would you transport your expensive belongings in a trash bag? I opted for the tutto for my machine, because it's worth it to protect it
Everyone I know who has the Ellegante or Ellisimo all use the Tutto's. They all firmly believe that those are the best for their high dollar machines.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM

My Viking Ruby has a hard cover. Since I just have to carry it a short distance (house to car in garage and then from car into LQS (parking available right in front of the shop), I have not invested in a wheeled carrier. The emb unit is in its big styrofoam lined box. It is a bit awkward but doable. If I had to carry either a great distance, I would def get something. My biggest concern is carrying my machine down our steep stairway as my sewing room is upstairs in our very old farmhouse. I generally try to think ahead and have DH carry it down and up for me.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:25 PM

I have a tote on wheels but not sure of the brand. I also use it to carry my 6600 to quilt group. My embroidery machine very rarely leaves my house. I have all my machines covered by insurance should someone run into me while transporting my machines. Covered for anywhere in Australia
Old 12-01-2013, 05:40 PM

After using a cheap wheeled tote from Joann's I got the Hemline 3 piece tote set from Overstock.com. It is well padded and handles nicely. My Brother Innovis 4000D fits in the bottom (without the hard cover and I have to take the accessory tray off) and the emb. Unit fits in a separate bag that fits over the handle. The 3rd piece is a carrier for a cutting board which I don't use much. Well worth the investment.