Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How well does this freeze?

Blog Entries
    Banana Bread? I have some bananas that need to be made into some bread or get tossed out. Was thinking of doing it in a 13 x 9 cake pan then cutting it into sections for freezing?
    Will this work?

Banana bread freezes well but you can also just peel the bananas, freeze them whole and then use them in pancakes and banana bread when you need them.

The bread will freeze well if wrapped tightly in foil. Or you can peel the bananas-- just throw them in a ziploc bag. I put 2-3 in each bag as that is how many my receipes usually call for.

banana bread freezes very well- we make up 20-30 loaves every year for christmas packages- and freeze them until time to put together packages- comes out great.
    to protect it from freezer burn i cool it completely- then wrap in seran wrap (plastic wrap) then i wrap in tin-foil- and using a sharpie i write on the foil what it is and the date-
    we tend to make it off & on as we have bananas that need to be used-so with the loaves dated i can make sure i give away the oldest first--

Blog Entries
    I prefer to freeze the banannas too. The bread can dry out in the freezer unless you are planning on using it right away :D:D:D

Oh my. We were posting at the same time. Great minds think alike. Or as a friend says - great minds think like me! :)

I actually freeze my bananas with the skin on, just throw them in there. When I get ready to use them, I let them thaw a bit, cut off the end with a knife or scissors, and squeeze into the mixing bowl. SO EASY.

I freeze it all the time as I prefer to make large batches and freeze as I like to limit my time in the kitchen and spend it sewing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    you can also just peel the bananas, freeze them .
    This is the quickest and easiest way to save bananas. Put them in your recipe size portions (say 1 cup portions)

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you just freeze the bananas, keep in mind that frozen bananas taste creamy like ice cream for a lot less calories.

For an even better treat, roll them in crushed nuts and mini chocolate chips before you freeze them. It makes a great treat!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast