Hurricane Mop

Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM

Default Hurricane Mop

Just wondering if anyone has used this mop? It's the one that has a spinning mop head and instead of squeezing the water out you use your foot to spin the water out.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

i had not heard of it. it seems that Amazon shoppers are split on it. it sure is not inexpensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Mop/...ews/B00A01DDT4
Old 07-17-2014, 04:07 AM

Default Hurricane mop

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
i had not heard of it. it seems that Amazon shoppers are split on it. it sure is not inexpensive.
http://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Mop/...ews/B00A01DDT4

I just just love mine. Does a fantastic job on my hardwood floors. You don!t get puddling on tile floors because it spins out excess water. "Try it you'll like it"
Old 07-17-2014, 04:53 AM

Thanks QuiltnNan for directing me to Amazon. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Boy, seems the cons outweigh the pros. I was sorta afraid of that. NanH I'm glad your mop is working seems most of them are not.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:26 AM

I bought one and really like it. I have arthritis and it is hard to wring a mop, this one you step on the peddle and it spins as dry as you want it.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:35 AM

it's the spin mop - I have one and love it!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:03 AM

103 positive 5 star comments - 104 negative 1 star comments. I tried reading the 1 star comments and their complaints seemed to be with the company, not Amazon, for returns and repairs. Many said cheaply made and easy to break.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Not spending anymore than $10.00 for a mop. I have a bucket with a squeeze(like industrial). I replace the cotton string heads once a year.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
103 positive 5 star comments - 104 negative 1 star comments. I tried reading the 1 star comments and their complaints seemed to be with the company, not Amazon, for returns and repairs. Many said cheaply made and easy to break.
I can fully understand the frustration of breakage- its the handle. If you step on the blue holder when you try to pop off the mop head (to wash) it will break! I just did it HOWEVER, I love the mop!!! Its the best. So, I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond BECAUSE, they replace things with ease. I just called to make sure they would let me return and just get a new one (free) Yup. I have the receipt, so no problem. I keep receipts from there because I have returned coffee pots that I've worn out - get a brand new one, no questions asked.

I know that Walmart carries a spin mop that is less expensive, but they don't take things back and give you a new one when you screw up.

Buy one. Just remember, when you are going to remove the head, step ONLY on the head and push. If it doesn't release easily, move your foot and spin the handle to another release spot. If it doesn't work, walk away and come back later - don't push it I remove the head twice a week after mopping the house, I have two dogs. I use it on my tile floor, linoleum and wood floors. You can use it as a dry mop on hardwood floors too

Hope this helps
Old 07-17-2014, 09:15 AM
T.

I bought one of those mops from Costco & one for each of my daughters-in-law. Two of us have used it & really like it, it was less than $ 30.00 at Costco. I will be carefully when removing the mop head, thanks for the warning.