Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hurricane Mop

Blog Entries

Hurricane Mop

Just wondering if anyone has used this mop? It's the one that has a spinning mop head and instead of squeezing the water out you use your foot to spin the water out.
    TwandasMom

Blog Entries
    i had not heard of it. it seems that Amazon shoppers are split on it. it sure is not inexpensive.
    http://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Mop/...ews/B00A01DDT4
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Hurricane mop

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    i had not heard of it. it seems that Amazon shoppers are split on it. it sure is not inexpensive.
    http://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Mop/...ews/B00A01DDT4

I just just love mine. Does a fantastic job on my hardwood floors. You don!t get puddling on tile floors because it spins out excess water. "Try it you'll like it"

Blog Entries
    Thanks QuiltnNan for directing me to Amazon. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Boy, seems the cons outweigh the pros. I was sorta afraid of that. NanH I'm glad your mop is working seems most of them are not.
    TwandasMom

I bought one and really like it. I have arthritis and it is hard to wring a mop, this one you step on the peddle and it spins as dry as you want it.

it's the spin mop - I have one and love it!
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is
    fighting some kind of battle

103 positive 5 star comments - 104 negative 1 star comments. I tried reading the 1 star comments and their complaints seemed to be with the company, not Amazon, for returns and repairs. Many said cheaply made and easy to break.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Not spending anymore than $10.00 for a mop. I have a bucket with a squeeze(like industrial). I replace the cotton string heads once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
    103 positive 5 star comments - 104 negative 1 star comments. I tried reading the 1 star comments and their complaints seemed to be with the company, not Amazon, for returns and repairs. Many said cheaply made and easy to break.
    I can fully understand the frustration of breakage- its the handle. If you step on the blue holder when you try to pop off the mop head (to wash) it will break! I just did it HOWEVER, I love the mop!!! Its the best. So, I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond BECAUSE, they replace things with ease. I just called to make sure they would let me return and just get a new one (free) Yup. I have the receipt, so no problem. I keep receipts from there because I have returned coffee pots that I've worn out - get a brand new one, no questions asked.

I know that Walmart carries a spin mop that is less expensive, but they don't take things back and give you a new one when you screw up.

Buy one. Just remember, when you are going to remove the head, step ONLY on the head and push. If it doesn't release easily, move your foot and spin the handle to another release spot. If it doesn't work, walk away and come back later - don't push it I remove the head twice a week after mopping the house, I have two dogs. I use it on my tile floor, linoleum and wood floors. You can use it as a dry mop on hardwood floors too

Hope this helps
    Kookie (Patti)

T.
    I bought one of those mops from Costco & one for each of my daughters-in-law. Two of us have used it & really like it, it was less than $ 30.00 at Costco. I will be carefully when removing the mop head, thanks for the warning.

I bought one years ago--love it. It works on areas I never thought of, such as a bath tub with a surround that makes it so wide my short arms can't reach the other side, lays flat enough to get under surfaces without having to move everything. Faster than a squeegee on a couple of outside windows that were driving me nuts.

I just bought one, haven't used it yet, it's still in the box. I have the other type (O-Cedar wring) mop that I like, but it's getting to the point that I need a new mop head, so I'll hold onto it when I open the spin mop.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    I got mine @ Bed Bath and Beyond ,using a 10.00 off coupon. love it so much, why didn't I try it when it first came out? I have a bad hip and hubby had taken over mopping jobs due to the pain it caused to mop, the pressure was too much on my hips. Thanks to Hurricane Mop, I can mop again. Practically moves itself ! Most of our stores here have it now, 39.95 @ Walmart ,CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens .

Blog Entries
    I'm starting to see a pattern here - seems those who bought locally are more satisfied than those who bought from TV ad. Plus, if it doesn't work you can take it back locally. I know Wal Mart is very good about returns if you keep your receipt.
    TwandasMom

Cool Hurricane Mop

Quote Originally Posted by T. View Post
    I bought one of those mops from Costco & one for each of my daughters-in-law. Two of us have used it & really like it, it was less than $ 30.00 at Costco. I will be carefully when removing the mop head, thanks for the warning.
    I bought one and it is wonderful. Love the part that after you wring the mop out easily that you have an almost dry mop and it cleans great in my opinion. So glad I have it around. I have tile and wood flooring and works great on both. Glad someone made something easy to use.

Just bought one from QVC. I trust them but you can still get a bummer once in a while. Thanks for the input.
    Keep smiling, it makes others wonder what you're up to!

I have one and I love it

I have the O-Cedar, too - and not only is it cheaper, you can get it locally like at Walmart and went ahead and bought an extra mop head at the time I purchased the mop set. I like it - wish it could squish out just a tad more water, but we have tile floors and I just go over the floor with a towel (propelled by my foot) and it dries in just a couple minutes or so. I like mine. :-)

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

Hate twisting mop by hand. I have a swifter and when I am done I just replace the dry one with a Lysol sheet. Works and is so easy even my hubby can do it.

Power Poster
    I never seen that...Interesting..