Thread: Hurricane Mop
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Kooklabell

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
103 positive 5 star comments - 104 negative 1 star comments. I tried reading the 1 star comments and their complaints seemed to be with the company, not Amazon, for returns and repairs. Many said cheaply made and easy to break.
I can fully understand the frustration of breakage- its the handle. If you step on the blue holder when you try to pop off the mop head (to wash) it will break! I just did it HOWEVER, I love the mop!!! Its the best. So, I bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond BECAUSE, they replace things with ease. I just called to make sure they would let me return and just get a new one (free) Yup. I have the receipt, so no problem. I keep receipts from there because I have returned coffee pots that I've worn out - get a brand new one, no questions asked.

I know that Walmart carries a spin mop that is less expensive, but they don't take things back and give you a new one when you screw up.

Buy one. Just remember, when you are going to remove the head, step ONLY on the head and push. If it doesn't release easily, move your foot and spin the handle to another release spot. If it doesn't work, walk away and come back later - don't push it I remove the head twice a week after mopping the house, I have two dogs. I use it on my tile floor, linoleum and wood floors. You can use it as a dry mop on hardwood floors too

Hope this helps