Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can not belive What I saw. >

I can not belive What I saw.

I can not belive What I saw.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:49 AM

This morring . I had to take out my furbabies at 1 am and there in the park are kids no older than 11 or 12 just hanging out. Then when I left for work at 4 am They were still there. What even shock me more is the Police were driving by and did nothing about it all night. This goes on all summer . They go to the beach and start bonefires and drink . Vandelize cars, boats, houses and still nothing is done about it. And it is getting worse. It use to be the older ones now they are getting younger.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:03 AM

Isn't there a curfew in the town?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by boxerlady
Isn't there a curfew in the town?
Curfew? What about the parents?? Unbelievable, both that the parents don't set curfews for kids that age, and that the cops do nothing about it.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

When you think that kids like those are the future of our country it's really sad.
And I'm not blaming the kids.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

When I was 12, I was in bed at 8:30. Yikes. It floors me to think that kids this young are doing such things.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Boston1954
When I was 12, I was in bed at 8:30. Yikes. It floors me to think that kids this young are doing such things.
YUP! And when I got to be in high school my curfew was 11 PM. And if I was late I usually got grounded for a week. I think my parents finally extended it to midnight between my junior and senior year except on school nights it was 10.

I can only assume the parents don't give a damn. Besides all the trouble a kid can get into on their own, what about all the child predators that are out there? I am dumbfounded.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
YUP! And when I got to be in high school my curfew was 11 PM. And if I was late I usually got grounded for a week. I think my parents finally extended it to midnight between my junior and senior year except on school nights it was 10.

I can only assume the parents don't give a damn. Besides all the trouble a kid can get into on their own, what about all the child predators that are out there? I am dumbfounded.
I am a firm beliver that kids do not have a healthy fear of their parents any more. I am going to be 44 yrs old soon, and I am STILL afraid that if my dad hears me swear, he will put soap on my tounge! We didnt have 911 to call if we got a spanking back then! I do not believe in child abuse, or beating your kids, dont get me wrong, but a good ole fashioned ass whoopin' is what alot of kids need now!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Originally Posted by feline fanatic

I am a firm beliver that kids do not have a healthy fear of their parents any more. I am going to be 44 yrs old soon, and I am STILL afraid that if my dad hears me swear, he will put soap on my tounge! We didnt have 911 to call if we got a spanking back then! I do not believe in child abuse, or beating your kids, dont get me wrong, but a good ole fashioned ass whoopin' is what alot of kids need now!
i agree... i dont want my kids to be so scared of me that they would cringe when i walk in the room.... but parents need to induce a bit of fear in kids to keep them from being stupid lol
i wouldnt have made it to adulthood without fearing mine lol
Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 AM

I was also in early and had a fear of my parents if I was not. However, unless someone complains to the police that they are there, and they are causing harm, there is nothing that can be done. It is the way the laws are. Kids don't have to fear the parent anymore, or any adult for that matter, because our laws allow that to happen. As far as where are the parents? Hmmm probably home getting high or drunk and don't even realize the kids are gone. It is scary to think what the world is really coming too.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:13 PM

Obviously their parents aren't too concerned about where their kids are. You can just bet they're getting into some kind of trouble. No way would my kids be out after 9:00 p.m. maximum. But, I guess there's nothing you can do about it. If there's no curfew, why don't you talk to the city/county and see about getting one.