View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
TanyaMas

Originally Posted by mygirl66
Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by Boston1954
When I was 12, I was in bed at 8:30. Yikes. It floors me to think that kids this young are doing such things.
YUP! And when I got to be in high school my curfew was 11 PM. And if I was late I usually got grounded for a week. I think my parents finally extended it to midnight between my junior and senior year except on school nights it was 10.

I can only assume the parents don't give a damn. Besides all the trouble a kid can get into on their own, what about all the child predators that are out there? I am dumbfounded.
I am a firm beliver that kids do not have a healthy fear of their parents any more. I am going to be 44 yrs old soon, and I am STILL afraid that if my dad hears me swear, he will put soap on my tounge! We didnt have 911 to call if we got a spanking back then! I do not believe in child abuse, or beating your kids, dont get me wrong, but a good ole fashioned ass whoopin' is what alot of kids need now!
i agree... i dont want my kids to be so scared of me that they would cringe when i walk in the room.... but parents need to induce a bit of fear in kids to keep them from being stupid lol
i wouldnt have made it to adulthood without fearing mine lol