Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I just got a Joann's coupon that

I just got a Joann's coupon that is only good in one store?!?!? Since when did they start doing that? And it isn't my home store. It is 25 miles away when I have one within 5 miles. This store is not making themselves any friends are they?

That's insane!
    I'd go to the store and ask if it COULD be used there.
    Why would you get a coupon for something out of your area? Unless....the other store isn't getting much business and this is one way to get people in?

Or I am thinking that the closer store is one targeted for closing and they want to move the people over the mountain to the other store.

That could be too! Either way, I'd still ask at the one closer to you if they would honor it

It could be that individual store had them sent out by a local marketing firm to increase business for that particular store. It may not be a JoAnn Corporate wide coupon, like those normally sent out.

When I worked in retail our company would do that quite often. It was a way to get customers to drive and shop at our store. Of course we would honor another locations coupons if they brought them in to us. Try it and see if your local one will take it.

I had that happen to me last year so I emailed the company stating there are 2 Joann's I shop at (each store about 1 hour away... one is south of me and the other is west of me). Which Joann's I shop at depends upon weather conditions (winter) as well as what errands the person driving me (I do not drive) has to run. I never heard back from them, but when I got my next Joann's mailer there wasn't a specific store location listed for the coupon... and there hasn't been since.

I got a coupon like that. It was because the store just got remodeled and they wanted people to come check it out.

I'd ask the closer store to honor the coupon. All they can do is say "no". Definitely worth a try.