Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: I'm in missery

Chiropractor may help but also consider physical therapy. Have needed both for different problems.

In similar pain here..and I don't know what I did to hurt my back, but haven't moved much all weekend.

soak with empson salt.

I put a rice bag against my back that I keep in the freezer and boy did it ever help!! I feel 90% better today :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear that you feel better...take care, you don't need a repeat episode!
    Donna

Blog Entries
    Are you feeling better today?

I have had good luck doing yoga (after a few weeks of physical therapy to start). I probably waited too long before I finally went to the dr. I walked into the PT with a limp and when I was through with the evaluation, I didn't limp anymore.

I don't really enjoy yoga like some people do, but it really has helped with both my back and my neck.

Donna

Feel better soon. Just getting over some back whatever I did to it. Ice is supposed to be best in the beginning and then heat. Sue

Quote Originally Posted by kit'smamma
    ICE IT! I am a veteran of such episodes and always applied heat. Finally in my 50's I learned from a young lawyer in my office whose wife was a physical trainer and whose dad in Italy was a professional soccer coach, that initially, heat just adds to inflamation. After a couple of days applying ice for abut 20 minutes at a time several times a day, then use the heat alternately with the ice. Gradually resume walking. Once you are recovered take up an exercise routine that strengthens you core. If you have a gym nearby employ the aid of a certified trainer who can teach you the moves. I can tell you from my own experience that's the long term secret to avoiding the hassle of such spasms.

Jane
    Couldn't agree more! Exercises changed my life after lower back pain. Just simple ones, but do them every day.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7